POWELL PIC

Started by HOLEINTHEWATER, June 22, 2012, 07:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaeagle2

That shot made the air on my hair stand up.  When I was in high school, worked on a state fire crew in Washington state.  I was 400 yards from two guys on my crew that were hit by lightning.  Other than the fact they got hit by lightning, they were very lucky. One of the other firecrews had an emt and he was able to perform cpr on the one guy til his heart started back up.  There were 2 helicopters patrolling within 5 minutes of us.  There was a logging "landing" large enough for either chopper to land except it was full of trucks.  The fireboss said" you got 2 minutes to get all the trucks cleared, any left just use the cat to get em out of the way".  One of the trucks was a Peterbuilt truck cab with a 3000 gallon water tank, the guy that moved that truck hopped down from the cab and said, "How the heck did I do that, I've never driven anything bigger than a pickup.  Anyways, the guys were airlifted to a hospital about 10 minutes by air away, and both were back at work with in a week or so.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

HOLEINTHEWATER

THIS BOIL WAS OVER A MILE LONG. WAS TAKEN A COUPLE YEARS BACK. THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE ANOTHER GOOD YEAR FOR BOILS.

HOLEINTHEWATER

I KNOW CARP FISHING IS BIG IN EUROPE.  I TAKE MY CAN OF CORN OUT SOMETIMES TO SIT BACK AND HAVE SOME FUN.  HERE'S A VIDEO FOR A LAKE IN UTAH IN THE US.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6u7r0dbw1I&feature=player_embedded

Tile

The carp shouldn't have been put in the Utah lake.
In solid fiberglass we trust

HOLEINTHEWATER

Not sure if you all want to see any more of my Powell pictures? I enjoy showing them as I enjoy seeing others pic. These digital cameras make it so simple and cheep.

have a good one.
DAVE

Irish Jigger

Keep up the good work Dave, never tire of beautiful scenery. Makes a change from looking at fishing reels. ;)

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

redsetta

The lightning shot is spectacular - thanks for sharing.
QuoteI didn't understand why my fishing rods didn't get hit since there were 13 feet up in the air...
I know what you mean Bryan.
I was surfing in Sydney around 2000 when the usual summer afternoon thunderheads built up and unleashed a few dozen strikes.
One hit the water less than 100m from us, causing an audible crack and fizz, along with a lot of misted water.
I've no idea why we weren't hit, given we were sitting on our boards and a good three feet higher than anything in the vicinity.
Great experience though.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

seaeagle2

Is that stripers pushing the bait up ?
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

HOLEINTHEWATER

HOLEINTHEWATER

FILET A FEW FISH.

I KNOW MOST THE FISH WE KEEP, YOU USE FOR BAIT.

HOLEINTHEWATER

COUPLE OTTERS FROM POWELL.

Dave Bentley

Bewdiful, just to see that makes any trip worth while.
Only believe that which you know to be true.

HOLEINTHEWATER

FOUND THE REST OF THE TEAM. WE WERE ALL FISHING DOWN THE COVE TOGETHER.

seaeagle2

You're making me hungry, I've got a "healthy" "oven fried" fish and chips recipe, and for being bad, a beer batter recipe.