Daiwa Sealine 600H Rebuild and Upgrade

Started by day0ne, July 06, 2012, 05:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porthos

Sometimes frames and sideplates do show up on eBay with badges intact. It just takes time and perseverance...

Shark Hunter

More perseverance than anything. I am tempted to Epoxy mine on my collection.
The dreaded Sealine Badges. Ugh!
Life is Good!

Marquesas14

Thanks guys, I'll keep looking. Just horsed up a 120 lb Goliath with it last weekend, so it doesn't need badges to work.  :)

jonnou

120lb
Photos please.
Or story

I love this reel for deep drops
I get to the surface Last but with a smile on my face`. Will be even better when I sort out the handle :D

Rancanfish

Today I scored (2) 600H's of the silver framed model. Both in nice shape, save the drag washer upgrade I need to do. After the 900H's I tore apart with stainless everything, I was a bit surprised to see that one of these reels has a bronze set plate. 

So I need to order a sleeve, drags & metals,  and I'm going to get arms from Adam, and knobs from the boss.

I have to say though, every time I pull a Daiwa apart the sheer gear size and strength amazes me.

So I'm officially a shark fisherman next spring.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 26, 2015, 05:39:01 AM
More perseverance than anything. I am tempted to Epoxy mine on my collection.
The dreaded Sealine Badges. Ugh!
I have succumb to epoxy the badges in as they always seem to fall out and rubber cement just doesn't hold well anymore once the surface gets dirty and pitted.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Three se7ens

Quote from: Rancanfish on December 17, 2015, 01:20:51 AM
Today I scored (2) 600H's of the silver framed model. Both in nice shape, save the drag washer upgrade I need to do. After the 900H's I tore apart with stainless everything, I was a bit surprised to see that one of these reels has a bronze set plate. 

So I need to order a sleeve, drags & metals,  and I'm going to get arms from Adam, and knobs from the boss.

I have to say though, every time I pull a Daiwa apart the sheer gear size and strength amazes me.

So I'm officially a shark fisherman next spring.

I have a few insert drag kits for the 600H left, and the 900H ones are in the works.  I tested the max drag on my 600H at over 50 lbs max, but where it really shined was how smooth it was at 30-35 lbs. 

Rancanfish

Adam, I'm going to be upgrading these, starting with the offset arms you make.

I just haven't confirmed the 5/0 Kolekar handle with the countersink stem end is still available, and the hole size needed to fit said arm.  I want to get it right so I'm not drilling on your fine product. 

I'm really keeping my eyes out for SS gear sleeves before I go beyond a basic CF upgrade.

Thanks for all you're doing.

Shark Hunter

Randy,
The handles are available. They come straight from the Bosu.
Send him a PM and ask for 5/0 Kokelar with the 5/16" Countersink.
Life is Good!

ez2cdave

Quote from: Marquesas14 on July 10, 2015, 02:17:30 AM
Thanks guys, I'll keep looking. Just horsed up a 120 lb Goliath with it last weekend, so it doesn't need badges to work.  :)

" . . . WHERE ARE YOUR BADGES? " . . . LOL ! ! !

Caseymcv

Where do I get one of those handles?  Want one for my 400h...

Rancanfish

Send a PM directly to Alan Tani, he'll answer as soon as he's available.

Cortez_Conversions

I do have stainless steel drive shafts for this reel as well....

www.cortezconversions.com

Sorry for the shameless plug! ;D
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

ez2cdave

I am really FED UP with the MESS caused by Photobucket's GREED . . .

SO, after some "Internet Sleuthing", you will now find a PDF version of this tutorial, WITH PHOTOGRAPHS, below,

ENJOY !

Tight Lines !

Roller

Hi guys can i buy an off the shelf drag kit for a 600h, i was given a really good conditioned one a few weeks ago. But the drag is so sticky