bearing caps

Started by kiyo25, July 19, 2012, 04:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiyo25

Hi,
I was wondering if any place sells these anymore? I was overhauling a reel and trying to remove a bearing stuck inside the bearing cap. I broke the bearing and now, the outer race of the bearing is stuck in the bearing cap! Its pretty well wedged in there. I tried heating it up and spraying a degreaser but to no avail. So im looking for a metal bearing cap for a S646 (gear-side) unless anyone has a better idea? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo, Kiyo

Bryan Young

Aloha Kiyo.

Welcome.  These will be hard to find.  I recall seeing them when I was searching for another part, but cannot remember what site.  I will get back to you.  Did you try calling Brian's on Oahu?

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kiyo25

thanks for the reply. i havnt contacted brians yet, but i will try tomorrow. thanks again!

Bryan Young

Sorry Kiyo,   I've search all my links for parts and cannot find were I saw the parts.

The other options is to use a dremmel and grind away little by little.  That is what I am doing on some parts.  Harden steel sure uses up my cheapy bits though.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kiyo25

thanks for your efforts though! wish i had a dremel. i got desperate and took a risk by drilling a small hole through the threads haha. couldnt drill through the outer race of the bearing but i took a hammer and nail to punch out that piece. got lucky and didnt ruin much of the threads. the new bearing fits snug. hopefully newell gets up and running by the time this reel needs to be overhauled again. so far, reel is running smooth, just gotta go test em at the ocean! thanks again.