lubricants

Started by alantani, December 07, 2008, 05:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

Boats.net has the Yamaha grease at a low price. You can get CorrosionX products from Scott's Bait and Tackle.

I'm assuming you are in the USA.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Wolli

You can get CorrosionX products from Scott's Bait and Tackle.

and dont forget to ask for the new CorrosionX Grease!!

www.corrosionx.com/corrosionx-grease.html
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

johndtuttle

Quote from: Mudman on November 19, 2015, 07:53:55 AM
What an interesting mission it has been to get some grease. Couldn't find Yamaha grease at a few places locally, so I ordered some on ebay. Come to find out it should have been delivered but I haven't seen it. Looking like it's been lost. Also called a few spots for the spray bottle of corrosion x, everyone has only the aerosol. So I had to order that as well as evinrude grease via amazon. Hopefully they arrives safely.

Any Marine Bearing Grease is fine. Don't knock yourself out trying to find Yamaha.

Mudman

Thanks guys!
Right after ordering some evinrude, my yamalube arrived. Had a debate with the post man, after he had insisted delivering it. Despite being wrong, he was kind of enough to deliver it to me personally, shortly after- I had been in contact with the seller and they had already sent a second yamalube. Asked them not to send one, but they did anyway (prior to me getting the original shipment). Looks like I will be supplied with grease a good long while.

Corrosion X also came, I had assumed it was clear this whole time but mines is green.

Mudman

All setup now, Corrosion X, Yamalube, Evinrude, Cal's Grease, and a small bottle of TSI 321.  ;D

johndtuttle

Quote from: Mudman on November 21, 2015, 09:39:31 PM

Corrosion X also came, I had assumed it was clear this whole time but mines is green.

Yep, it has a little green tint to it.

handi2

Recently I have talked to JD Hill with Corrosion Technologies and he is considering making the CorrosionX grease available in 2 lb. tubs and the small tubes for the small grease guns for our reel repair shops and individuals.

I think that's great news..!

He will be browsing this forum when he gets back from vacation to see what product we like to use and make them available.

His response;

Hi Malcom,

That's great news!

We are having some issues safely shipping our grease right now. Normally they would come 40 tubes to a case, but until we can come up with a custom shipping box for them, I think the safer thing to do is ship them to you in the inner carton (wrapped in bubble wrap, and that inside a shipping box), which would be 10 tubes per box.

We are looking at purchasing or leasing a new grease filler machine for packing cylinders and soft tubes, so if there is a specific size you're interested in, please send me the size, measurement, as photo, etc., and I'll see if I can add that to my shopping list. On these filling machines, each different size tube requires purchasing additional tooling.

We do have CorrosionX grease in bulk drums. We don't have 2 lb. tubs, but that would be pretty easy for us to do. We would just need to source some containers and create the labels. I'll pass the request along, and if we can bring in a small number of tubs, maybe we can do this for you.

I'll be on vacation next week, but I'll try to do some research on this for you.

Best regards,
- -
J.D. Hill
Vice President of Marketing

2638 National Drive • Garland, TX 75041
469.583.9218 mobile • 972.271.7361 office • 800.638.7361 toll free
corrosionx.com • jdhill@corrosionx.com 

Gulf Breeze, FL

Mudman

Quote from: johndtuttle on November 25, 2015, 04:31:47 PM
Yep, it has a little green tint to it.
Mine looks pretty green, but it's working good so I'm not too worried. Thanks for confirming.

I already serviced all my reels, but with all this grease and oil, I wish I had more to do!  ;D

retrofit

Ha Handi2,
Would it be prudent to put X-grease into a jar or container like Cal's grease or even Penn blue stuff? Seems that would require minimal equipment investment and it would be in a very usable form. Run that past your rep and see what he thinks. ;D

Shark Hunter

I've only used Penn Blue, but I would definitely switch if it came in a container like that.
Anything marked with the Corrosion X label is good stuff. Any updated on this Malcolm?
Life is Good!

handi2

Quote from: retrofit on November 29, 2015, 05:07:18 PM
Ha Handi2,
Would it be prudent to put X-grease into a jar or container like Cal's grease or even Penn blue stuff? Seems that would require minimal equipment investment and it would be in a very usable form. Run that past your rep and see what he thinks. ;D

They are researching this now and I sent him pictures of the containers the we now get grease in. He said it would required tooling for there grease dispenser but it's no problem.
Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

Quote from: handi2 on November 26, 2015, 12:23:54 AM
Recently I have talked to JD Hill with Corrosion Technologies and he is considering making the CorrosionX grease available in 2 lb. tubs and the small tubes for the small grease guns for our reel repair shops and individuals.

I think that's great news..!

He will be browsing this forum when he gets back from vacation to see what product we like to use and make them available.

His response;

Hi Malcom,

That's great news!

We are having some issues safely shipping our grease right now. Normally they would come 40 tubes to a case, but until we can come up with a custom shipping box for them, I think the safer thing to do is ship them to you in the inner carton (wrapped in bubble wrap, and that inside a shipping box), which would be 10 tubes per box.

We are looking at purchasing or leasing a new grease filler machine for packing cylinders and soft tubes, so if there is a specific size you're interested in, please send me the size, measurement, as photo, etc., and I'll see if I can add that to my shopping list. On these filling machines, each different size tube requires purchasing additional tooling.

We do have CorrosionX grease in bulk drums. We don't have 2 lb. tubs, but that would be pretty easy for us to do. We would just need to source some containers and create the labels. I'll pass the request along, and if we can bring in a small number of tubs, maybe we can do this for you.

I'll be on vacation next week, but I'll try to do some research on this for you.

Best regards,
- -
J.D. Hill
Vice President of Marketing

2638 National Drive • Garland, TX 75041
469.583.9218 mobile • 972.271.7361 office • 800.638.7361 toll free
corrosionx.com • jdhill@corrosionx.com 

My full name is Malcolm "Keith" Rawson.

I'm sure if someone else on this forum would contact them showing interest in their products they would get things moving faster.

Gulf Breeze, FL

Fish-aholic

2lb tubs  :o Jeez, some of us are only hobbyists ya know. ::) My personal preference would be sourcing 1lb tubs.

I thought I would follow the above link directed to a 15oz cartridge of CorrosionX grease. I placed it in my basket followed by my details; with tax added its close to $12 and international shipping is at $22. I closed my browser.

DavidKa

Hi, my first post here :)
Could anyone recommend a good substitute for SuperLube grease e.g. another grease with PTFE additive that doesn't easily emulsifies with water?
I've used SuperLube and liked it a lot on my daiwas (07Luvias, 06Certate) but then I heard a few stories about jammed gears... so I made some non-scientific test and now I'm pretty concerned.
Just rubbed a few grease I got between 2 steel blades without(A) and with(B) water. SL emulsifies and right away you can see a bare metal.
Cal's, also a PTFE grease doesn't emulsifies like SL so probably PTFE is not the main problem here...
So any input on some good grease that able to silence a bit my daiwa's "geary gears" and also protect them from wear and water - would be much appreciated.
BTW I did try some blue grease, can't recall what exactly... but I didn't get this "moist" feel that I like (and I know it sounds strange:))

One more thing, found some interesting grease that is very popular right now in Japan.
For a change (IOS, ZPI?) some tech data could be found here, also a .
They have spray, oil and 3 types of grease which comes at a fair price (for an amateur use) but what worries me is an Chlorinated Paraffin as an EP additive in that grease/oil. Any thoughts on that?

Cheers, and excuse me for my terrible English :)

alantani

i can tell you that both cal's grease and shimano drag grease are hygroscopic and will absorb moisture.  go with a good saltwater resistant outboard motor grease as a general purpose grease and leave the teflon products for drag washers only. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!