alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial 30vsw help
Fishing Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 20, 2014, 09:12:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 30vsw help  (Read 526 times)
Austinp

« on: September 07, 2012, 07:13:12 AM »

First of all this site is awesome.

I recently purchased a used 30vsw. I wanted to do a full breakdown and overhaul on the reel. I've gone over the 50vsx rebuild, which is the closet thing I can find and I believe I the vsw is very similar. Are there any VSW tutorials?

Also, the clicker on the reel does not sound right, it almost doesn't seem as loud as it should be. Can someone give me some places to start? Also are there any tutorials on taking the clicker assembly apart and repairing?
Dominick
Firearms Group

San Mateo, California

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 04:50:40 PM »

Austin:  go to the Penn 30 International tutorial.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=137.0  I am almost sure that when I took my 30 VSW apart the only difference was the two speed gears.  So using both the 30 and 50 tutorials, you should not have a problem.  Both reels are pretty straight forward.  If you run into a snag, we'll work you through it.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: