322 Handle configeration

Started by Brendan, November 14, 2012, 05:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brendan

I own 4 Newell reels and love them, two have boxes with schematics and two were purchased used. All four are a little different, and even the box schematics and paper in the box are different. Can anyone find the flaw in this final stack of parts from the drag stack up? any help would be appreciated. Thank You, Brendan

redsetta

G'day Brendan,
The two keyed pressure washers go under the star, and one bellevilled large diameter washer goes above it.
The plastic washer to the right goes above this, directly under the handle.
As far as I'm aware, only the red washer and nut/locking screw go above the handle.
I'm unsure about the last large diameter washer - is it flat or bellevilled?
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Brendan

Stand by, I have another reel apart and things are starting to make sense. I will shoot a picture of the other reel.
Thanks, Brendan.

bluefish69

The 2 keyed washers go on the drag spacer -- then the star -- throw the 2 beveled washers away they only crack & cut you -- then put a SS washer if you have 2 -- then the handle -- a SS washer you need one here -- the plastic washer -- DON'T FORGET THAT SCREW in the top of the Bridge Sleeve -- Then the 9/16 SS nut

I have 4 to repair now with more coming if I want them. Easiest reels to repair.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Brendan

I know what you mean, I just finished putting three together and was adjusting the star. I'm pretty sure one of them went pop. anyway this is how both of the P series went back together. I think its correct and thanks for the info.
Brendan.

redsetta

Quote...throw the 2 beveled washers away they only crack & cut you
Thanks for the tip BF.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Brendan

Will the star back off without them? I think I'm opening up the one that went pop.

Thanks, Brendan.

bluefish69

Brenden

If you like the beveled washers I have a bunch here that I will be happy to send you.

Newell also used to use a zig zag washer [ we call them waffle washers ] they also crack & can cut you. I have seen these on Ebay FS. I have some of these & don't use these either.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.