112H HOTROD

Started by saltydog, October 02, 2012, 03:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I found several 500/112H octagon adapters in a box under my work bench.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

floating doc

I think that this frame only works with the stock side plates. I'm ok with bushings; less to go wrong.
Central Florida

handi2

Quote from: Keta on June 25, 2013, 04:08:57 AM
I had my legs crushed several years ago and money can be tight, reels keep my hands and mind occupied.

I was left an incomplete paraplegic after an injury 24 years ago. I live on the water and still fish out of my Ocean Master 31'. The reels keep me busy and my mind off the non relenting spinal cord pain..!! I do understand what you mean..!!

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

floating doc

So have you fished with this reel yet?
Central Florida

Keta

Quote from: handi2 on July 15, 2013, 11:28:41 PM
Quote from: Keta on June 25, 2013, 04:08:57 AM
I had my legs crushed several years ago and money can be tight, reels keep my hands and mind occupied.

I was left an incomplete paraplegic after an injury 24 years ago. I live on the water and still fish out of my Ocean Master 31'. The reels keep me busy and my mind off the non relenting spinal cord pain..!! I do understand what you mean..!!

Keith

You are worse off than I am, I fall down (before tequila) and live with constant pain but I can still walk most days.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

erikpowell

Bula Salty,
Have you changed out the drags yet for Bryan's 5 stack or Lee's octagon?
If so, how'd it go and hows it working for you?

just wondering.. as i sit here and fondle my own 112h  ;D trying to decide who's the best candidate for the coveted Tib frame, the 112h, the 100, or the 501 (1 at a time, slowly slowly)

Quote from: Keta on June 25, 2013, 11:04:25 AM
I found several 500/112H octagon adapters in a box under my work bench.

Lee, do you have any more of those left? I'd like to give one a go if you do. pm with details. 

Thanks you guys!

Keta

I'll look when I go to the shop in the morning.

If it was me I'd do the frames in this order, 112H (narrow), 501 then the Surfmaster.  I'm working on putting a Newell base and bars on one of my 150s right now and a Tiberon frame for one of my 100's will be next.

Mark Twain

saltydog

I haven't used Bryans 5 stack but made my own before the kit was available and the reel did very well with a strong ramp up in drag pressure compared to the normal 3 stack, I easily got 20# which is way more than I need from this reel. I haven't used the octagon insert but have used the hex insert and got 20 # again but I did not push the reel any further. I use my reel for 30-50# topshots and don't use more than 15# of drag on it. I have a standard width 112H with ss 4:1 accurate gears, ss double dogs, 5+1 carbon fiber drag stack, ss gear sleeve, ss yoke, aluminum accurate frame(which will soon be topless), and 475 yards 80# braid. The reel works great and have caught quite a few tuna and sharks on it without any problems.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

redsetta

QuoteI have a standard width 112H with ss 4:1 accurate gears, ss double dogs, 5+1 carbon fiber drag stack, ss gear sleeve, ss yoke, aluminum accurate frame(which will soon be topless), and 475 yards 80# braid. The reel works great and have caught quite a few tuna and sharks on it without any problems.
Nice - sounds like a keeper William  ;) ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Keta

Quote from: erikpowell on September 20, 2013, 05:07:48 AM

Lee, do you have any more of those left? I'd like to give one a go if you do. pm with details. 

I have a few left if anyone is interested.

Mark Twain

saltydog

Thanks to Lee's handle my little 112H junior tank is finished. ;D ;D ;D ;D

MacArthur

floating doc

Looks nice with the custom handle. Where did you get that crank arm? I need a nice crank arm for my 112HN.
Central Florida

saltydog

I got it from KETA or Lee as we all know him. I think it is a really well balanced arm and has a lot of cranking force with no give at heavy drag.
MacArthur

harryk3616

very nice william, reel nice work, thanks for sharing the info and the pictures.  harryk

Shark Hunter

Man! :-\
I'm still waiting for my 114H arms. I can't wait to put Alan's 6/0 grips on them and post some pics. One is going on a 9/0. (same sleeve) patience is a virtue. I keep telling myself this. :P
Life is Good!