Daiwa SG47LCA - maintenance tutorial?

Started by bb2fish, October 16, 2012, 10:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb2fish

I'm embarking on my very first reel maintenance endeavor -- doing a Daiwa SG47LCA  (I've got 3 of them to do).  Looked for a tutorial on this specific model, but didn't find one on this site.  Does anyone have any specific pictures for this model?  I can follow the daiwa schematic and get the general idea from other tutorials, but I'm so much a beginner at this task, I'm not sure I even know how many things can go wrong or what surprises will arise.  Any help would be great if someone has done this reel before.  My digital camera will be my assistant.

Nessie Hunter

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=18.0

Your Reel is basically an updated Sealine with a line counter attached..
This Tutorial on the Sealine 50 should be very close (Sans the Line counter portion).

I have never done a Line Counter Reel myself. 
So Im not much help, sorry...  :(
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

straight in, straight out.  you should be fine!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

AllenW

Did you get your reels done?

If not I have some pictures I took when I redid my 27LCA and they are the same best I remember.

Al

bb2fish

Thanks Al.  Yes, I finished my reels last week.  These were nice and easy to do as a first reel.  Jumped right in to the next set.
Here are some photos: (I hope the link works, not a real big fan of Photobucket, kind of hard to order pictures).

http://s1280.beta.photobucket.com/user/bb2fish/story/3645

AllenW

Great, I learnt the hard way to take pictures as I went, pulled to many screws out of a Penn GTI320 and that's how I found this site, noticed they took pictures and it's worked out well for any reel I disassemble now.

Al