what spool do I have here????

Started by thorhammer, July 25, 2018, 02:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

I bought what was advertised as a 501 spool of auction awhile back to replace the PC spool I will be repurposing elsewhere. Finally got around to a swap and it doesn't fit at all...despite marked 109D-501. Is this actually a 506 spool???? see shaft next to PC spool.

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

thorhammer

That turned out to be correct....I switched gears in the literal sense, to a 505HS, which turned my spool swap into what will be four separate rebuilds, most likely, but I'm happy with the finished product...deconstructed a 505HS from Drew, moved a newell kit from Randy over from a 1/0 build, and added the custom color lever and crank from ted, which is what I was trying to build around from the get-go. Left side plate screws are some pan-head 5-40 sockets Tiddlerbasher sent me a while back I've been wanting to use (Thanks!). Actually worked out better because I have the much bigger gears and drag than the 1/0, and a 505 star vs. 10-60.

John

thorhammer

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

vilters

gotta love playin with newells/penns. endless possibilities. nice little reel you got going there.

mo65

Love it...that's a great versatile reel! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Tiddlerbasher

Swami805

That worked out well, nice reel.  Happy accident.
Do what you can with that you have where you are