FOR SALE - 450g-650g Spiral Wrapped Jigging/Casting by PRO Challenger

Started by Black Pearl, November 07, 2012, 05:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

Finally, this spiral wrapped jigging/casting/light trolling (450g-650g) fast action rod is ready to ship after year and a half R&D and testing.

2 years warranty!! We are very sure that this rod will become your to go rod once you use it.

This rod is rated 450g to 650g (40 lbs to 100 lbs). The blank was tested up to 47kg (around 103lbs) strength and 48 lb vertical jigging (see video below).

This is one badass rod. You can compare this jigging/casting rod to other brand jigging rod.

I bet that the other brand won't show a dead weight lifting 45lb on a video.

Rod specification:

• 100% Japanese carbon material hollow blank.
  • Spiral Wrapped with all Fuji HN series guides (http://anglersresource.net/HeavyDutySaltwaterBoatRodTrollingGuides.aspx)
  • Fuji DPSS reel seat with a trigger.
  • PAC Bay silver gimbal with cap.
  • Super light weight (a little over 16oz).
  • In silver with blue line wrapping.
  • Fast action.
  • Available for right or left hand (guides turn left for right hand and guides turn right for left hand).
  • Rod cover.
  • Made in Taiwan (we have a manufacturer builds this rod for us per our specifications. Beware, just because some sellers posts feel like they are implied their product rod/reel is made in the USA, but it is NOT always THE truth... We will not mislead any customer on our products)

$129.99 plus actual shipping cost by USPS Priority or UPS Ground Service. For Florida resident, 6% sales tax will be added into the order. Please PM with the zip code for shipping cost.

Please let me know if you want a right or left hand cranking rod...

We accept credit card by phone (561-568-3980) or PayPal (Our account is prochallenger@yahoo.com). Please PM or email to us at sales@prochallenger.com to order. Please let us know the state where the package will be shipped to.

If you have any question, please feel free to reach us at 561-568-3980.

Here is an video showing the rod lifting 40lbs vertically.

Here is a video that we made during the Florida Sportsman Show 2012 in Tampa. Boghy lifted up 25 lbs at the show.

Here we go. Boghy could not pickup 50 lbs. He just barely pickup 46# dead weigh. Therefore, we will state that this rod is rated up to 48# dead weigh for now.

ossipeter

Black Pearl

Quote from: ossipeter on November 08, 2012, 07:22:18 AM
Do you ship to Germany? What would be the price?

For this Jigging/Casting rod, we can't send by USPS Express nor USPS PRIORITY mail because the longest box can be sent to Germany is 60 inches. The box for this rod is 74 inches. I will need to check UPS or FedEx. Can you let me know your city and postal code where you are reside?

By the way, do you need any trolling/standup rod? I have some that can be shipped to Germany by USPS Priority mail around $46.00 a rod. I don't know how much for 2 rods. This is the rod I am talking about (http://www.thehulltruth.com/fishing-miscellaneous-items/464158-new-56-trolling-rod-100-130-class-pac-bay-short-bent-butt.html)

Thanks,
--Alan

Black Pearl

tpilk

Black Pearl

Quote from: tpilk on June 16, 2013, 01:37:00 PM
Do you have similar in the 250g-450g range?
Hi,

Sorry for the late response. I will have some 250g-350g available later this year.

Thanks,
Alan

tpilk

Got an ETA?

Be back in the States in August...is that too soon?

Black Pearl

Ron Jones

Alan,
Do you have any reports of anyone actually fishing with these? I'd like to see or read how they cast. They look like something I might get a set of.

Thanks!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Black Pearl

Quote from: noyb72 on June 19, 2013, 04:50:34 AM
Alan,
Do you have any reports of anyone actually fishing with these? I'd like to see or read how they cast. They look like something I might get a set of.

Thanks!
Ron
Hi Ron,

I have sold about 30 rods on this one. Most people like it, but some feel that it is too stiff. I told them it is a XHH blank. I Know the Bob (BMITCH) bought one from me, but he has not used it.

I can tell you that it cast very nice. Some people would like to see it in 7'0" rod instead of 6'0".

Ron Jones

I would be happier with 7 or even 8 feet for a general rod, but from a row boat the length of this rod would be nice.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

tpilk

It's funny - here in Asia, a 6' rod IS a long rod, unless you're popping.

My 6 1/2' and 7' rods get alls kinds of crazy stares.

These rods are right in line with what's happening over here....I just need one a bit lighter.

BMITCH

Quote from: Black Pearl on June 19, 2013, 05:09:42 AM
Quote from: noyb72 on June 19, 2013, 04:50:34 AM
Alan,

Thanks!
Ron
Hi Ron,

I have sold about 30 rods on this one. Most people like it, but some feel that it is too stiff. I told them it is a XHH blank. I Know the Bob (BMITCH) bought one from me, but he has not used it.

I can tell you that it cast very nice. Some people would like to see it in 7'0" rod instead of 6'0".

Ron, I had the chance to fish a spiral wrapped rod last season and it preformed very well. These rods that Alan is selling seem to be of a great value. The wrap and finish is very good. I'm hoping to use it this fall for jigging tuna and will be throwing 5 to 9 oz. jigs. I posted it on this forum teamed up with a 112HN. I'm thinking 65# spectra with a floro top shot will be awesome. So I can honestly say IMO this rod will be perfect for the job I have lined up for it. If you decide to get one or some I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

BMITCH

A nice balance with this reel. Like isaid I'm hoping this fall to put a major bend in it.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.