shimano titanos gt 3000.

Started by wallacewt, November 26, 2012, 01:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacewt

now for the recoil spring,nobody has guessed, so i will make it interesting.i will give away 2 prizes to the 1st 2 correct answers.  2nd prize will be a night out with my ex girl friend, longer if you wish. 1st prize will be a 1 dollar .  cmon alan,akfish,gurus + . and you redsetta.

alantani

well, you've got me on this one.  if i had a chance to fiddle with it, maybe, but from just the photos, no.  the third place prize is that we get to sleep on your couch, drink your beer, and you have to take us fishing, right?  i'm in!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

haha, ok we will make 3rd prize the losers prize.anybody that doesnt know the answer can sleep at my place,drink my grog and ill take them fishing. you have till monday,answer will be revealed then. haha  cheers

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

wild guess, recoil spring is it for the dog (engage/disengage)? ??? ??? ??? ???

looked at the pics closely  and it's not for the AR dog. maybe it's for the clicker ??? ??? ???

wallacewt

mel-b
ive made your bed, got a cold long neck, and the boats juiced up.you can bring your own gear if you wish.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

wallacewt

ok ill try an explain the recoil spring as best i can
its a shock absorber!
i dont know the correct specs for it but it goes like this
say you set your drag at 6lb and a fish hooks up,
when he makes his run or dive the recoil cuts in at 2lb
and gradually increases until your drag takes over.
set your drag at 8lb and the recoil will cut in at 3lb.
recoil doesnt work unless there is a couple of lb,s of drag
and increases the more drag you apply.
would be great for circle hooks and id love it on a lever drag.
bonus prize goes to mel-b for trying,he gets the girl. cheers

alantani

maybe grainger will ship overseas.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

hi al,i have a couple of more shops to try.we have had bad weather.8m seas,50 winds,boats washed up on the beaches again. we dont have a marina. we were trying to get out today and its 37 deg;c and electric storms predicted.to hot to go to the shops. how large does the largest punch need to be. biggest ive seen is 1 1/4" inches. dunno what that is in metric. grainger is about $340usd,correct?+shipping.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

what a great feature that recoil spring is. will probably prevent a lot of line breakage...

ijlal

I just came across one and bought it... going to open it up in the next few days. It sure has a recoil spring. I felt it before I read this post. The top and aft label plates/decals or whatever they are called are gone, so I cannot say exactly what size it is but it sure looks the same as a GT3000. I'll try and post some photos. Funny thing is it has no line out alarm!
I live 'fishing'!