accurate boss 665h damage..

Started by triumphrick, December 11, 2012, 06:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triumphrick

I have this reel apart right now..and it doesnt look good. The clutch leverhandle post hex head is completely buggered all the way around. All six corners have been rounded off.

Other than replacing this end plate, are there any good fixes?

It would be impossible to file these, even using some precision files.

Suggestions? New right side plate?

Thanks! Rick

Bryan Young

I'm affraid that you need a new side plate.  You may to try contacting Accurate directly for this.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

triumphrick

Thanks Bryan...I figured as much...just needed an expert opinion!

alantani

it might actually be worth hammering on this thing to try to mushroom the end. then reshape it to fit.  its a long shot, but it might be worth a shot compared to the cost of a new side plate.  the 665h has been nothing but trouble. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

GalvestonGuy

Alan,

Why do you say the 665H has been nothing but trouble. I had one of the Special Edition Red&Black (000006) and really liked it, but had to sell for medical bills. I just bought another one (000005) off of ebay last night. Is there anything I need to look for when it arrives? Thanks for any info.

alantani

bearings rust and there is a cross pin that holes the low main gear in place, and they break.   :-\

GalvestonGuy

Oh Alan, "Say it Ain't So" : (

I just bought a used Accurate 665H LE in Black and Red to replace 2 that I sold a few years ago. This one will definately be coming your way sometime soon. The Avet EXW 4/02 just went on the back burner, at least for awhile.

alantani

it's a very tall reel.  the height of the spool puts alot of stress on the innards of the reel. 

steelfish

Quote from: alantani on December 12, 2012, 02:29:45 AM
.......  the 665h has been nothing but trouble. 

daang, I was about to get a used one from a local guy that have it on the shelf for years, but I think I will pass..
The Baja Guy