reel parts suppliers in the USA

Started by Lurcher, January 10, 2013, 10:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurcher

greetings from New Zealand, those of us from outside of the USA generally have too look to the USA when looking for parts for reels like newells or discontinued reels

Just wondering how the following sites/businesses have worked out as far promptness and customer service

Not trying to stir the pot or start any arguments just looking to get some parts ASAP with minimal hassles if possible

places i have looked at include

http://www.ereplacementparts.com

mikes reel repair

Dave's Parts & Service - FISHING REEL PARTS
www.fishingreelparts.com

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

don't know about the others you listed butwill stay away from mikes reel, just had a bad experience with them... >:(

Keta

I'm not sure about non Penn parts but these guys have been good for me in my search for hard to find 349 parts.
http://southeastexporodandreel.com/www/
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

day0ne

Quote from: Mel B on January 10, 2013, 01:53:48 PM
don't know about the others you listed butwill stay away from mikes reel, just had a bad experience with them... >:(

Mike's listed prices tend to be more than somewhat high also
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

WeyeFisherCO

Tuna's Reel Troubles has a pretty good selection of parts for
ABU GARCIA, CABELAS, DAIWA, MITCHELL, OKUMA, PENN REELS, SHAKESPEARE, SHIMANO

http://www.tunasreeltroubles.com/

I ordered some level wind repair kits and handle upgrades last year.  The price was reasonable and I had no problems.
Evidently many items are available that are not listed in the on-line store...

David

whalebreath

Have had positive experiences with Tuna Reel Troubles Mikes-which is not far from where I live-is good if you just want troubles.

Ken_D

I'd suggest you stay way from Canadian suppliers regardless of province. Like NZ, the population base is small, and the costs are high. Postal services to NZ from America will be less than half that from Canada to NZ. Canada Post is reliable, but is spendy.  Have you tried Ray and Anne's.  http://www.rayannes.com.au/

Dunedin1

Just thought I'd mention that Tuna reel troubles (Tom) is a great guy, fast shipping and one the the top reel guys for great lakes salmon fishing! Highly recommended. Ive dealt with him for several years.

alantani

please let us know here what you need, also.  someone here might be able to help. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Unutt

I use ereplacement all the time.  Most reliable is southwesternparts.com
So many reels, so little time.

Dirtydeeds

I have used so far mikes reel repair and 8 weeks later sent an email and was able to get most of my order with one side cap being black instead of chrome like i ordered. Now I am waiting on a 10 pack abec 7 bearings in a sleeve. I have no ideal when and if I will get them. Needless to say I can't depend on that if im to work on customers reels.

I have made 2 orders from Dads ole tackle in conroe tx. results were good $5.00 flat rate shipping and recieved parts with in 5 days or under. I ordered once from there website and once on there ebay store. They sent me free part I needed and didnt pay for, just by asking!

Question: Has anyone heard of Black dog tackle or odered from them? Im always on the hunt for the cheapest prices I can find with good results.

Also if anyone has used hookless.com for parts please chime in.

Dirtydeeds

I just made a order with Jerry @ hookless.com, out of Florida and he is a super nice guy. Super cheap shipping and his parts were alot cheaper than most. He didn't mind answering my questions and great communication. He sent me an email shortly after order telling me tracking number and ship date would be tommorrow with monday delivery. Just FYI just in case somebody wanted to try him.

jaypeegee

Hi Lurcher

Am in Wgtn.
Have bought from

Mikes. Was slow but got here.

ereplacements. was fast and good and cheap.

Mystic Reel Parts. Maureen was very helpful and she answered my questions gracefully.

Dawns. Helpful and awesome. I guess this is irrelevant but why not mention her!

I stay away from hookless.com as I don't need another habit and he sells some sugar . Kidding, I am thinking of unloading a 525 and avet to get his blue yonder equivalent.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Ry@n

http://store.dadsoletackle.com/

Dad's ole tackle

these guys are great!!!  They will send you a PDF schematic of your reel.  If it's a vintage model they send the correct year according to the reel serial number

steelhead_killer

Quote from: Dirtydeeds on September 25, 2015, 04:55:08 AM
I just made a order with Jerry @ hookless.com, out of Florida and he is a super nice guy. Super cheap shipping and his parts were alot cheaper than most. He didn't mind answering my questions and great communication. He sent me an email shortly after order telling me tracking number and ship date would be tommorrow with monday delivery. Just FYI just in case somebody wanted to try him.

He is great!  Never had a problem.  Good communication!
><)))">