Experimenting with the 113H drags

Started by Alto Mare, February 23, 2013, 05:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

You know, Lee made me some custom perforated ss washers a while back and I never tested them, I have to try them out when I get a chance. Thanks again Lee.

Alex, if you're using the Hexagon or Octagon inserts, I wouldn't recommend anything under 1mm in thickness and those need to be laminated.
During my tests, the non laminated washers failed.
By the way, what I mean by laminated is two carbon washers with a fiberglass washer sandwiched in between.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 22, 2015, 08:39:17 PM
By the way, what I mean by laminated is two carbon washers with a fiberglass washer sandwiched in between.
Sal

Thanks Sal, yes Im using or will be using the octagon inserts from Lee, HT-100 drag washers are laminated and will be used on those inserts, cut to fit.

thanks buddy.
The Baja Guy

Darin Crofton

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 10, 2014, 03:17:47 AM
Thank you for your kind words David. About the 55lbs, I don't think so, I believe we did good with the numbers and shouldn't get too greedy ...but we're not done yet ;D.
Sal
What a cool thread to go back in time and read about what you guys were doing back then!

Sal, did you have to eat these words? lol

I think in another post you ended up getting around 55#'s eventually on a similar setup?
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?