Penn International ll 80STW Clicker Problem

Started by racoonbeast, April 19, 2013, 04:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

racoonbeast

I have what appears to be a very slightly used International  ll 80 STW. Nice loud clicker in free spell, but there is no noise at all when the spool is locked. Stripped it down and to my inexperienced eye it looks like everything should be working okay. But I can't get it to click or give me any kind of a warning with the drag set to anything and line is pulled off against drag. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Navidad Nutcase

If the race track ( the plate with all the notches  around it - part 81 ) isn't wore down, then it must be #95N , the clicker tongue not hitting that plate. Perhaps it is stuck or  corroded in the up position. Push on the rounded end and see if it moves in and out freely.  It is spring loaded .
Good luck
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

Navidad Nutcase

WOW !  talk about a late reply ! I don't know how I found this in my    new ''unread posts''
Hope you solved your problem
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

Dominick

Wow!  Close to 6 years with no response.  Raccoonbeast must think we are a bunch of kooks that ignored him.  I wonder what happened here?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Navidad Nutcase

I don't know how he got ignored by our whole community but I suspect it was in the same kind of way that this post showed up as ''new'' in my email alerts - yesterday !.  I somehow adjusted something - I know not what - and now I get an email notification every time someone posts on 2 of the many different boards on Alan's site.
The cyberspace is a scary beast to us ''older'' gentlemen. Can't understand it, but I like it just the same. If I have trouble with something,  I just get a young , say 12 year old, child to figure it out for me.

If Racoonbeast is still with us, perhaps a response to let us know if the problem got fixed ?  And a plea to give us another chance to answer any  future problem.

Greg

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

That post was April 18, 2013 and the last time he/she was active was April 19, 2013, presumably to check for a response.  Crazy.  I emailed him using the email address in his profile.  Lets see if he responds.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.