DO NOT LOOK AWAY!!! Behold- The SQUIDMASTER 210!!!

Started by Joel.B, April 23, 2013, 04:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel.B

[

BUT JOEL, DOES IT WORK?

NO..well.... kinda- I mean I turn handle and spool spins, free-spool works. But it easily could be made to fish.  Right now only held together with the one screw that actually lined up. I wont be drilling/tapping any of these plates/frames- might make my own soon enough.

This could be a very sweet little reel.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Joel.B

Quote from: Keta on April 23, 2013, 04:32:25 AM
Do you have a 10 you could try this with?

I do not- were they much different than 210?

Keta

The 10 is smaller, 209-210 is like 109-10.  I'll see if a 10 matches up with a 100 but I think there are more holes in the LW reel.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Joel.B

Quote from: Keta on April 23, 2013, 04:46:01 AM
The 10 is smaller, 209-210 is like 109-10.  I'll see if a 10 matches up with a 100 but I think there are more holes in the LW reel.

The only problem here is lining up the holes on 210 plate with the Tib P16 frame.  210 plate also has all those extra holes for the level wind and its guide and stuff.  I am thinking about an adapter-plate - maybe rigging something with the Squidders inner right ring....I dunno....feels pretty sweet the way the little Squidder plate fits in my hand with narrow frame, and then the speed/power of the 210 guts.  Which Pro-gear is it that is basically little narrow Squidder with Jigmaster guts? 

john2244

Joel,

I think you may be thinking of the Progear 255.

John

Ron Jones

All frankenreels are cool, but isn't that now functionally a narrow jigmaster?

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

another photo of the month!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BMITCH

Joel, that looks vaguely familiar. Good luck with that one. A true Frankin reel.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Decker

Joel, I admire your imagination and would love to see the Squidder pushed to new performance levels.  /Joe