Penn Senator II 113HLW

Started by FirePro911, May 02, 2013, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

FirePro911

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 28, 2013, 11:12:27 PM
Keep in mind, I wasn't critisizing you, just trying to help.
Just in case it doesn't work, here is something else you could do, everyone should actually be able to do this:
Not to worry, I knew you were not criticizing. I see it all as helping each other out.

So what type of metal is that you put on there? How was that done? It actually looks like solder.

Alto Mare

It is solder. sand the piece first, add a little flux and sweat. I placed the bridge on a flat piece of 1/4" aluminum and helped the soldering with a heated  screwdriver tip. The solder has no lead and it is very easy to shape.
I just looked at your nice pix again and noticed that the material you left on the right side of the spring is twice the length as the one I have on the Tank. you can see what I mean on the third picture there.
This is why you went a little wider, you were trying to clear the dog. Still a great grinding job.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cone

FirePro, I did 30 years with our city FD. 5 years of that was the drop. It took a while to get adjusted to not going in. I miss some of the people I worked with but not the politics.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

FirePro911

The soldering I can do. I'll most likely go that route after opening it back up again.

Cone, Same as you, I'll miss my crew, but not the politics. lol

Brian A

Great wire up.  Beautiful reel.  Let us know how she fishes pls.

Good luck.  Aloha

Shark Hunter

If you reel in A ten foot Shark with that, I gotta see it! I'm not saying that it can't be done. I just want to see it. Dominick reeled in a nice Roosterfish and a Marlin with one. Of course it had the Sal treatment.
That 900H is a different story. I'm still trying to get my hands on one of those baby's.
Then I can sell all my 6,9,10,12,14 and 16/0's and just fish with Tanks!
Good looking Reel! You did a great Job on it too Firepro! ;D
Life is Good!

mgoose

Nice right up ! Hope ya get to give it a good work out !!

gdown

That is one badass reel you built there! You said in the beginning of your post that you where going to clean and polish all the parts you where going to use. They look amazing, could you share how you got everything looking so pristine. The side plates especially look good. Good Job!

FirePro911

I use elbow grease mainly. I also use my Dremel with the polishing pads on it.

I think I posted a pic in the thread of the polish I use. It is White Diamond Metal Polish. It can be messy so be careful. Keep shaken it up during use also.

One thing I learned is to wash the parts with mild soap and water after I polish them. This is especially good for when I polish parts where it is hard to get all the polish off. The side plates are a great example with the art work on them.

The toothbrush and soap removes all polish residue and leaves the part glowing.

gdown

Thanks for the reply, I was afraid you would say "Dremel", once I take it out I know I'm going to attempt a double dog mod.  ::)

FirePro911

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur