new handle grips for 2013

Started by alantani, May 23, 2013, 04:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i've had the old style grips for 6 years. a change was long overdue.  i finally found a machine shop that could give me a handle grip with a continuous curve.  it is a little more expensive, but i am going to keep the prices the same for now.  to give you an idea of what they look like, here is a photo of the old grips and the new ones.  left to right, the old style 6/0 grip, then the new style 5/0 grip, then then new style 3/0 grip, and then the old style 2/0 grip.  the old hot-dog style 4/0 grip is not shown.  it's taken some doing, but i am really happy with the new design.  there is absolutely no difference in the function of the new grips.  they work just the same.  it's just that i like the look of the new grip so much more. i will post some photos of the available arms later.  

so it's $27 for the 3/0 grip and $33 for the 5/0 grip, then figure $3 shipping for each.  thanks!  alan

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

I must agree, they are NICE to see, NICE to hold. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Norcal Pescador

What! No hot dogs?  :D   I'll forgive you for not having it in the picture. I don't know if I'll need many more, but I use the 4/0-size the most. I like the rounded shape of the new grips though.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

alantani

the 3/0 grip is closer in size to the old 4/0.  i decided to go with only two sizes of grip from now on. 

Dominick

I had to go see Alan a couple of weeks ago and he showed me the new handles.  They are a cut above the old models.  Not only do they look better but they feel better in your hand.  I don't need any right now but I will order some in the future.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

I thought I saw and felt a difference.  The old ones were nice, the new ones are nicer.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: alantani on May 23, 2013, 04:54:32 PM
the 3/0 grip is closer in size to the old 4/0.  i decided to go with only two sizes of grip from now on. 

I'll order some of each when my current stock of Kolekars are used up. Do the new grips have a name?
Rob

Bryan Young

Quote from: Norcal Pescador on May 23, 2013, 04:45:09 PM

What! No hot dogs?  :D   I'll forgive you for not having it in the picture. I don't know if I'll need many more, but I use the 4/0-size the most. I like the rounded shape of the new grips though.

I have a few hotdogs that are installed on my reels, and never used yet.  Let me know if you want them...so I can upgrade to the new 5/0  ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

I like them on my 112H, they are smaller but so is the reel.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Newell Nut

They look nice but I ordered 3 Tiburons Monday. Oh well.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 23, 2013, 05:24:46 PM
Quote from: Norcal Pescador on May 23, 2013, 04:45:09 PM

I have a few hotdogs that are installed on my reels, and never used yet.  Let me know if you want them...so I can upgrade to the new 5/0  ;D

Hmmmmm.....  A good hot dog goes for $4 with all the fixin's .....    ;D ;D
Rob

ShoreKasterHI

Do theses have the offset also?

alantani

yes, the same 9 degree offset as the old ones.

Dodger

Alan, could you please recommend a handle size for a Torium 30?  I just ordered some smooth drag washers for it and some new bearings from Dawn so it is going to be a heck of a reel here real soon.

alantani

going after big fish?  get the 5/0.  some more reasonable?  try the 3/0.  personally, i put the larger grips on all of my reels, but i'm optimistic!