new handle grips for 2013

Started by alantani, May 23, 2013, 04:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Funny, Alan and I were just discussing that yesterday...we would need a press and a jig to do that, and then factory in the bend...is it done heated or cold?  it would then depend on the type of metal...and then we tabled that idea for now.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

It would be cool 8) that would mean I would have to change some arms again!
luck is the residue of design.

Bobsled 55

Alan,

I'd like to move some stuff around.  I currently have an older style 2/0 handle grip with the SS Newell arm on my Newell 332.  I think I'd like to move this 2/0 handle over to my PG 255 and put a 3/0 handle on the Newell 332 instead.  As you can see from the attached picture the 2/0 handle has this little nipple (green circle) at the end which I need to transfer to the 3/0 (red circle).  Are the screws (red arrows) standard turn or reverse thread?  I assume I secure the circle part while turning the screw?  Sorry, don't have the parts in front of me.

Shark Hunter

I don't mean to cut in here, but they are standard turn bobsled. I have quite a few of them. Just make sure your allen wrench fits good. Alan puts them down tight! >:(
Life is Good!

Bobsled 55

No worries.   Thanks for the help shark hunter.

Bobsled 55

Hi Alan,

I need a few more handles.  Any more of the old style 2/0?  Just wondering before I place my order.

TIA

Bryan Young

I don't believe Alan has an 2/0 handles.  I may have a couple.  Please send me a PM to remind me to look.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bobsled 55

Bobsled 55

Bryan,

Did you get a chance to see if you have the 2/0 handle grips?

barkley1956

I have three Shiamno 8000D Baitrunners with knobs that are very tight, one just about frozen. I've tried TSI, WD40, mineral spirits and Reel X but nothing is helping. Any suggestions to get them free or should I replace the knobs? If replacing knobs, what will work?

Thx, Jim

alantani

for spinners, the handles from smoothdrag.com might work best. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

barkley1956

ez2cdave

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 18, 2013, 09:55:16 PM
As you can see in the picture Bryan, here are my most recent handles from Lee. The 12/0 handles are on the left. 114H on the right. The 116's are bigger hole.

What is the handle in the MIDDLE ?

I like the "beefier" area where the Grip attaches !

Thanks !

rjones

I would like a handle and grip for a Penn 113H are there any available?
Rob

alantani

got a bunch.  typically i would use a 5/0 grip with a stainless steel arm.  send me pm and we'll figure out what works best for you. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!