Allen's Sport Rods...Some help please

Started by WCFLA, May 26, 2013, 10:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WCFLA

Hey Everybody,

I have two Allen's Sport Rods that came with the 114h's that I recently picked up. Is there anyone out there that can give me some information on these rods? I haven't been able to Google up any good info. They are about 6'6" in length and have roller tip guides. I will post photos soon.

Regards,
Dan

WCFLA

The rods.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Dan

Ron Jones

I want to say it was a Long Beach shop a Long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Lots of shops had Ross made for them mostly as charter rigs. That it's what you have. They are solid fibreglass, bullet proof and need a lot of work. I love wood butts but have seen one's with solid like that fall on fish big enough for a 114. You can get them into fighting shape, and it would be a lot of fun, but you wouldn't make any money inn the deal.
Ronald
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

WCFLA

Noyb72,

Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

WCFLA

Does anybody gave an idea as to how much these are worth?

Regards,
Dan

Bunnlevel Sharker

Hang em on the wall. Ain't worth much, unless you re did the guides I wouldn't fish em personally. Like it was said, the wooden butts can fail
Grayson Lanier

Alto Mare

I'm going  have to disagree. ;D Rewrap them, maybe a good idea to  add a couple of eyes.
They don't make blanks like those today. ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bunnlevel Sharker

That will work to, I'm scared of breaking stuff though......I'd love to have one re done to fish
Grayson Lanier

bajaandy

Get 'em outa the yard before you mow the lawn! Seriously though, if you're in SoCal, I have a friend who might be interested in doing a re-wrap for you.
I tink, therefore I am.

WCFLA

I think I got it. So I am gonna mow the lawn with them, rewrap them, mount them on the wall, then watch fishing videos on Youtube while imagining myself using them! Is that right?!?! Just Kidding!! I am going to talk to this guy on the coast who builds and refinishes rods and see what the damage will be. A million Thanks! to everyone for the commented.

Regards,
Dan

Steve-O

OR....Spray some lube on the roller tips...strap those reels back on them,  spool 'em up and go fishing! ;D

i would suggest you decide how much time and money you want to put in to them. Me? Strip them down to the blank and re-do them one of a number of ways.

Stock. Custom. Down and Dirty. Toss every thing except the blanks and rebuild some bullet proof glass rods. Stick 'em on Ebay.

my two ยข.

good luck with whatever you decide, Dan.

Bunnlevel Sharker

Heavy chrome or hardloy boat rods, they would beat the mess outa some fish
Grayson Lanier