my homemade fishing reel line winder

Started by harryk3616, June 03, 2013, 02:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryk3616

hi  guys     one more set of pictures of another contraption i made to put line on my reels .i can put alot of tension on the spool with the springs.  the tube the reel sits on goes up and down to the desired height, the two sliding brackets with the thumb screws lock the reel into place. i align up the shaft coming out of the drill with the handle nut and press the variable speed trigger,and it cranks away, doesn't get much better than that.

r

BMITCH

Harry,I LOVE THIS. :D :D I will be making one of these in the near future. Thanks for the idea. Keep them coming.bob
luck is the residue of design.

harryk3616

good  morning        if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me, i'll help you any way i can.    harryk

gstours

Hello Harry! I,m liking the line winder, great solution to the winewinding boredom......but......show us how to wind onto a 113penn or a typical handle with only one arm.........thanks....gstours....

harryk3616

hi   it might be a little hard to see, but the plastic '' t  ''  doesn't hit both knobs of the handle, one side of the '' t  ''  has a wooden dowel to extend it.  the last reel i did was a jigmaster and i had no problem , the dowel was the driving force, it went along side the knob shaft and spun it with no problem.

harryk3616

gstours        in picture #3  and #6   you'll see the shaft of the   ''t  ''   coming out of the drill is centered with the reel handle screw, being centered it spins the handle fine and there is no problem with vibration or shaking .

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

that's what i call ingenuity, thanks for sharing...

Dave Bentley

Jeez, us fishos are clever buggers aren't we.

Well done
Only believe that which you know to be true.

George4741

Harry,
Very simple and clever.  I like it.  Thanks buddy.
  George
viurem lliures o morirem

Keta

Nice, I can build one out of my scrap steel tub!
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

harryk3616

keta     don't cut up the tub, throw an outboard on the back of it

Keta

I already have a flatbottom boat/cleaning table,

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bill B

Good design...would it be possible to add a video of the master piece in action?
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

harryk3616

hi   tarfu           i'll ask my son when he comes home to visit , he's doing clinicals in brooklyn , he was home for the weekend and took the pictures for me, when it comes to stuff like that, i'm totally lost.