Stainless Newell Gears

Started by Dawn, June 06, 2013, 02:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildman

Bummer.  Sounds like a common issue.  Has anyone actually used Penn Main Gears and Pinions to lower the Newell gear ratios? 

The old Penns were 3.3:1 if I remember correctly, 500 series were 4.25 maybe?...and I have one or two 140s/500s/501s/etc. I could pull from...

maxpowers

Quote from: Wildman on April 20, 2014, 09:45:44 PM
Bummer.  Sounds like a common issue.  Has anyone actually used Penn Main Gears and Pinions to lower the Newell gear ratios? 

The old Penns were 3.3:1 if I remember correctly, 500 series were 4.25 maybe?...and I have one or two 140s/500s/501s/etc. I could pull from...

Yes it can be done.  I just swapped out some 5:1 p338-F gears for penn 4:1 steel gears.  Didn't seem to have any issue.

Oahutaco

Do you still have any more sets for sell?
Do my reels make me look PHAT?

GKFISH

I install Penn gears all the time for Newell customers...Never had an issue.

Penn part #'s
5-500 main gear
13-500 pinion gear

4.0:1 ratio

GKFISH

Bryan Young

I believe you can also use Penn's 505/506 gears as well.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

speedwagon2

Dawn,
   Shure could use a set of 4.6 gears for a 500 series, and a set of 3.2s for the 600 series
  Thanks,  Speedwagon2

Dawn

We have to see what Alan at Black Pearl comes up with.

Dawn
Dawn

Dominick

Has anyone heard from Frank "Nessie Hunter" it's been awhile since he posted.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

He's out riding his Harley...that would be my guess.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D