Los Cabos Father's Day Week Fishing Trip with Dominick!

Started by El Pescador, June 14, 2013, 09:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

IF you like Hot Weather!  Hot Fishing!  and Hot Salsa!
You need to be here in Los Cabos, BCS with Dom (Pescachaser), his lifelong Friend, Joe, and me (El Pescador!)

We are at the old El Presidente - Los Cabos  (now the Holiday Inn) and is it nice!  Really NICE!

First day, we are fishing before Day Break, now don't laugh, we are 5 minutes from the harbor / boat slip and into fish, I had no time to put on a hat, sunglasses or sunscreen!  But FISH ON!! and it took me once around the boat!  Nice way to start the day.

Dom & Joe have been fishing for many years, and this is just another fishing trip in a lifetime of outdoor adventures!

If you look closely, Dom is fishing on one of days many Roosterfish WITH THE TANK!  
and from my observation, its performance can be summed up in two words...  FLAW  LESS!!!!!

One of Joe's many catches of day.

Then it happened!!!  the BIG fish of the day in on, and what a fight for Dom and his TANK!!!!
NO rail here to help get leverage on the fish, no, just the Old Man and the Sea.  Dom and the Tank against the BIG one of the day!!!!

Near the end of the battle, Dom has the TANK's Star drag spun all the way down tight, and when the fish saw the panga, it took off on a 50 yrd. run

but the battle ended with the largest roosterfish I have been in any photo, and the Panga Capt. Sergio, thought the fish was around the 55 - 60 lbs., but please members, please let me know what you think of this fish and his size estimate. The Monster Roosterfish was photographed and enjoyed, then Dom sent the fish over the side in a face plant into the warm Pacific Waters to live on and fight another day.

Here's Joe loaded up and in gear with yet another Roosterfish

what a beautiful Baja coastline!!!

Back at the dock, at the fish cleaning station, we are able to see what others caught during the day, here some nice sized Amberjacks!

And at day's end, to enjoy an ice-cold Cerveza, can life get any better than this????

That is it for now, we will be back on the water tomorrow, will post more if the Fishing Gods allow!!!
Get out there, fish hard, pull harder, FISH ON!!!!!

El Pescador!

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

Great pictures. Looks like fun. Can't wait until tomorrow to see what you guys get. Is that the same joe that Dominick had in the pictures at the jersey shore? Somehow he looks a lot happier there ::)
luck is the residue of design.

akfish

You gaffed the roosterfish. I didn't think they were good to eat. Are they??
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

El Pescador

That is the same Joe photographed at the Jersey Shore! Maybe happier because he has 4 more cigars in his pocket!  
Looking towards a great day of fishing here in Baja!

Wayne

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

Great pictures Wayne, thank you for posting.
Dominick that's the most beautiful fish I've ever seen, I already downloaded it to my screensaver, nice job buddy ;).
Wayne , that monster is definitely not 55lb, my guestimate is at around 65lb.
Keep them coming boys. ;) Man, I wish I was there with you guys.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Quote from: akfish on June 14, 2013, 10:51:56 PM
I've always wanted to know too.  I think they are in the same family as the jacks, and if so, they probably taste delicious.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

If you know what you're doing you can guff a fish at the right spot and still release him unharmed.
Looks like that's what they did here.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

El Pescador

Only the panga Capt. gaffed the fish, and Serigo said Roosterfish were on the same short list of quality eating fish as tuna & dorado, he said his wife fries them.  He kept Roosterfish under 20 lbs. because they do taste good.

Fish over that size do not taste good & are called "black meat", as the larger fish do have dark meat, not pink red meat of the smaller fish.

We are not keeping any Roosterfish for our personal consumption.

Wayne

Cone

Awesome trip and pics. Thanks for sharing. Watch out Wayne, Dominick will have you wearing five oh shirts with too many buttons undone.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 14, 2013, 11:05:03 PM
Great pictures Wayne, thank you for posting.
Dominick that's the most beautiful fish I've ever seen, I already downloaded it to my screensaver, nice job buddy ;).
Wayne , that monster is definitely not 55lb, my guestimate is at around 65lb.
Keep them coming boys. ;) Man, I wish I was there with you guys.
Sal
Sal:  After we estimated the weight we went to look at Rooster fish records.  The record for this species is 114 lbs.  Looking at both fish and fish in the 100 lbs class they don't look much different.  I hefted it with Sergio and it was pretty heavy.  We have to stay with a conservative estimate for credibility.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Brendan

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Shark Hunter

Good Job Dom!
Very impressive rooster fish! You are the man! Guess I'm going to have to build a Tank now.
Life is Good!