Newell 200/300/400Series,Penn112H&Jigmasters,&ProGear 255/251 5+1Drag - $29

Started by Bryan Young, June 20, 2013, 08:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Quote from: pyros46290 on March 30, 2015, 04:56:57 PM
I could use 2 set of these for my 500s, if still available.

thanks,

-Jon
Thanks Jon.  PayPal Invoice was sent.

I noticed you are located in the East Bay.  If you ever come down to San Jose, we should meet up.

Thank you,
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

pyros46290

well that just shows how often i update my forum profiles, i moved to south san jose about 6 months ago. you getting ready for salmon season next week?

Bryan Young

Quote from: pyros46290 on March 30, 2015, 08:34:04 PM
well that just shows how often i update my forum profiles, i moved to south san jose about 6 months ago. you getting ready for salmon season next week?
Hi Jon, I'm in Campbell, Alan is in Saratoga.  Swing on by or Alan's when you have a moment.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

pyros46290

oh, cool. yeah ill have to do that when i get some free time. would be nice to see some of the gear you guys put together. just sent the paypal btw

thanks
-Jon

alantani

swing by this week if you have time.  i'm home all week, rushing to get everyone's salmon gear done, plus the beer at this house is colder that at bryan's!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Fishit 2

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 24, 2013, 05:17:39 PM
Here's a little write up from Aaron of ReelSpeed regarding the under-gear washer.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W2ghsIY94YPnBYS9QhND-p_tpbvAJHGxilDgmlH4wxY/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1
That was a good read, I was never a fan of the CF under the main gear - I never put one there because I really didn't see benefit - now I'm seeing that this thinking is correct and I will try a delrin washer.
President of the Down Beach High Class Hookers fishing Club.

Rancanfish

Wow I wish I knew you guys were hanging out earlier.  I would have rescheduled my work.

Hey Alan, how come I never saw a cold beer when I was at your house, lol.  Is this a new policy?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

swill88

Bryan,

Well... I guess this is the place I was looking for. I'm hoping to buy 2 drag sets if they work for me.
A 500 jigmaster with an original main gear and Alan's ss sleeve.
A 506HS... I just got a 5:1 ss Newel gear from Brains in Hawaii. I'm reading mixed reports if it works or not on the 506.
Also I am looking for a 4/0 Kolekar knob to put on Motive Fab counterbalanced ss handle I found on these forums.

I'm pretty new at this but, I can build anything... maybe not the space shuttle... a cocky carpenter.
I appreciate any feedback or recommendations and ordering info too.

Thanks.
steve

Bryan Young

Aloha Steve,  Brian's also carries my drag kits.  Please support our local shops and purchase the drag kits from them.

The Newell gear set for 200/300/400 should work perfectly fine on your 506, but not the 500 unless you purchased Newell's gear set for the Penn 500/501 reels.

Mahalo,
Bryan

Min1971

Hey Mr. Young
I've received your kit today.
Looking at them I have few question.  There is one smaller metal washer that came with the kit.  What is it?  Also, one of the CF has a edge cut off.  It should not be an issue...  I hope.  And last how much grease to use on the drag washers.  Thank you in advance

Bryan Young

Hi Min,

The small carbontex goes under the main gear.  The spring meal washers goes on top of the drag stack under the spacer if you choose to use it.

Sorry about one of the washers.  I thought I caught all of the miss cuts.  It will not make a difference and I hate when I don't seem to catch all of the mis-cuts, but it does happen.  I looked at about 500 washers that day and tried to catch each one.

Regarding the drag grease, I brush it on to coat both sides of the drag washer.  If in excess, not to worry.  It will get squeezed out.

Thank you,
Bryan

Min1971

Thank you for quick response Mr. Young.  ^^.
Kit is getting greased with Cal's grease and going into my trusted Newell 332.

Min

Bryan Young

cooper669

Bryan, if available, I'd like a set for my P229. PM sent.

Damon