Millioniare CV-Z-100SFR

Started by Nuvole, July 02, 2013, 05:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuvole

Almost similar to the Luna 203, there are some secret screw to remove the right side(handle side) ring.
After removing the right side ring, there came the three philip screw. Manage to open two of them and the last one goes blunt...>_<...
Will try the rubber band trick tomorrow, and will post photo if it works. I'm talking about a brand new reel(100% not yet touch water)here. I see that unless Daiwa improve their style of using thread lock, this shall be my last reel I buy from them.

alantani

there are 2-3 screws that have to be undone from the left side to remove the right side plate.  it is no fun.  they are hidden well. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nuvole

Found the two hidden screw, one of them required a long thin straight screw driver to open.
The "rubber band" tricks failed, I drill the blunt screw and finally open the right side plate.
There are some space between the end of the screw and the frame itself, I manage not to hurt the frame using 1/16" bits to remove the screw. The screw its some very common type, I manage to find a few that can fit in my junk box ;

MarkT

I tried to open up my cvz300, got the ring off but can't get the 3 screws out holding the sideplate out.  They'll have to be drilled and a tiny easy out used to remove them.  Do they use some kind of permanent loktite on them or something?  I guess I could send it to Daiwa and see what they could do.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!