For Sale: $69.99 PENN 114H 3.25:1 Gear Set in 316 SUS

Started by Black Pearl, July 17, 2013, 08:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

Now you can order this item or other parts I offer online. Please go to http://mkt.com/pro-challenger-llc and place your order.

The price is $69.99. For outside USA member, there will be $1.50 (PayPal fee) and actual shipping cost by International First Class or Priority mail by USPS. There will be 6% sale tax for any shipping within Florida.

For any order with the HEX main gear, please add $5.00 each set.

The standard 114H gear set is also available at the following retailers:[/size]

An order can also be purchased direct from me. If you have any questions, please send me a PM or email me at sales@prochallenger.com. For credit card order, please call me at 561-568-3980.

Gear Specification
=================

• 316 stainless steel graded
  • Precision helical cutting
  • Extra smooth (smoother than Accurate)
  • Best craftsmanship in the market

Please note that the HEX gear set will be required a custom made drag washers. For more info on those custom made drag, please check out the following link.

The original metal washers without ears will be able to fit in this hex gear.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7710.msg66164#msg66164

Please note that all these gear set will require SS yoke. I believe that Lee (Keta) or Smooth Drag will be the best source for these SS yoke.

Thanks,
--Alan C.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Cone

Alan, I'll take 3 sets of the hex gear sets. Bob
Florida
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

john2244

Hello Alan,

I would like 2 sets of the HEX gears.
Thanks,
John
California

PS.  Alan, you may get a few more orders if you were to also offer a Pinion gear for the Penn 9/0 to go along with the main gear.  I would also order two 9/0 pinions.

BMITCH

Hi Alan,
I'll take 2 of which ever you get going. Standard or hex. I REALLY want this to happen. I already bought reels to upgrade to the SS type gears, so I'm wishing these gears to come about. Let us know how close you are to the 80 mark and if need be I will order an additional set just "to have". Maybe that can help with the bottom line?

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

I'll take (3) Hex and (1) standard.
By the way, I believe that the machinist could shave a little more off the gear wall so we'll have a true Hexagon.
The 113HN is paper thin at the cutouts and that reel is rated for 30#. If they can take just a little more off, that would be great.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

broadway

Alan,
    I'm in for 4 standard and 2 hex if you make both, however if you only make one style I'm in for 6.
Thanks again,
Dom
New York City

...Guys don't pass this up we may not get this opportunity again anytime soon... might be a one shot deal :o

Dominick

Is anyone cutting hex drags for these things?  I ordered one and have not given any thought to the drags, or do I just take the eared drags and cut to hexagon?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Ya know, Dominick... I just got a small piece of cf sheet and was gonna cut it, but realized I have no hex metal washers... Sal, What are your plans?
This might be a question for Lee.
Thanks
Dom

Alto Mare

No, not yet. The carbon fibers are easy to make, the metal ones are tough.
If these gears do happen, I'm sure they can modify the Hex a bit. I'm still trying to figure out why they decided to leave that much meat on the side wall, These gears have enough space for the stock metal washers

Only1/32" needs to come off , this will also give us a perfect Hexagon shape.
The critical part of the gear is at the corners, as you can see from the picture above, the corners don't need to be touched, plenty of room there.

By the way, the washers that I used on the reel that I tested with the Hex gear, were the 1.30mm carbon fiber washers.
The metal washers were the thick type.
These reels with all of the other upgrades available will stop anything.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Sorry Dom, we must have been typing at the same time. The only washers you'll need to make are the Hex out of carbon fiber, the metal washers are stock. Well, I'm sure they will be, there is no need for us to customize the metal washers if the machinist opens the gear up just a hair more.

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

broadway

Sal,
   I haven't tried to put the metal washers in yet.  So, you're saying the stock metal washers won't fit in the hex we have now?
How do we counter this issue in the meantime? ... I wanna get these puppies catching fish!
Thanks
Dom

Alto Mare

Quote from: Pescachaser on July 18, 2013, 02:50:01 AM
Is anyone cutting hex drags for these things?  I ordered one and have not given any thought to the drags, or do I just take the eared drags and cut to hexagon?  Dominick
Dominick, I just reread your question from last night, it was kind of late.
Here is how the hexagonal set up works:
The Hexagonal Carbon Fiber washers are stationary and the keyed metal washers rotate between them to create drag. The eared washers are gone, no need for them anymore.
Once you make one hexagonal carbon fiber washer and it is fitting nicely, keep that one as a template.
When making some more, hold that washer over a sheet of Carbon Fiber and cut around with scissors, following the shape.
Don't forget not to use the template when assembling the reel, it will make the job much easier for the next time.

Black Pearl

I will have the Hex main gear modified to fit the original drag metal washer without the ears. I am going to order a set from Scott and send it to my resource.