Slosh Frames

Started by SoCalAngler, July 19, 2013, 05:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spize909

you'll love it

I crushed a couple more 20 lb+ yellows on it this weekend. Very impressed,paired with the 50lb braid and a bit of Flouro.
I don't think we want to go after some of these bigger tuna but the reel in it's originally forum caught a couple dozen up to 25 lbs with 20lb mono over the years.
Hopefully I will get a chance to push it. It pairs really well with the BT220 too.

I am squirllin' $$ away to do my slx20 next.

1Forecon

Yea, really looking forward to catching some grumpy Calicos and some Yellow Tail with it when I roll into San Diego to fish(visit family)! I haven't had a 20# bait reel in my hands in a couple years, really looking forward to it.

spize909

30lb yellowfin fell victim to the "new" reel a week or so ago. It kills fish on that 220.
Fished it on a shorter graphite rod (was on a private boat) this weekend for some smallish dorado and it didn't fish near as well.

Psion

Does anyone make these for the 50's I have 2 I'd like to upgrade?
Oh and I need them posted to Perth AUS.

thanks

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Psion

Thanks Alan
I searched as well and couldn't find
anything

spize909

Email Mike at the link on his site. He's sent me a couple emails with shots of the 50 frame that he has buillt/machined and is working on now. I got an email from him the other day saying he was taking it out for a couple days of "tuna test".
So yeah, it may not be available yet but there will be frames for the 50s.

Psion

Thanks
if Mike is from social fishing hunting site, tried that, got no response, wonder if the link on his site is working?

LTM

Quote from: spize909 on September 24, 2015, 03:57:59 AM
Email Mike at the link on his site. He's sent me a couple emails with shots of the 50 frame that he has buillt/machined and is working on now. I got an email from him the other day saying he was taking it out for a couple days of "tuna test".
So yeah, it may not be available yet but there will be frames for the 50s.
Hope Mike rotates that gear-box up some, would really be nice. If he's got a prototype 50 size I hope he's got a 40 size too!

Leo

spize909

Quote from: Psion on September 24, 2015, 09:06:14 AM
Thanks
if Mike is from social fishing hunting site, tried that, got no response, wonder if the link on his site is working?
I've found he isn't always the quickest on the return emails but when you get his attention he is. I know he said he was going fishing when he emailed me last week with a pic of the 50. Maybe he's in Baja.
Like I said, I know for a fact he has made his prototype.
As for the 40, no mention of that.

spize909

//I got an email from Mike a couple weeks ago. He said he had finally finished the clamp/strap for the frames. He also has his own machined clicker buttons now.
He sent me the parts, no charge, all hardware, even the matching allen wrench for the stainless allen bolts. Very high quality parts and even better SERVICE!

spize909

a few pics with the new cranks and knobs Mike is making now. There is a long arm, short arm, angled knob and straight knob. I need to go fishing soon to test this stuff.....

El Pescador

spize909,

Saw the same handles on the SoCal-fishing-hunting website:

http://www.socal-fishing-hunting.com/DAIWA_HANDLES.html

Great little reels.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

DaBigOno

That's some really nice upgrades for a classic reel.   
Glad to hear that his customer service is just as nice as his product!

Quote from: spize909 on January 31, 2016, 08:07:17 PM
He sent me the parts, no charge, all hardware, even the matching allen wrench for the stainless allen bolts. Very high quality parts and even better SERVICE!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

sundaytrucka

http://www.socal-fishing-hunting.com/DAIWA_SHOW_SPECIAL.html

Looks like he is doing a Fred Hall special, buy the frame and it comes with the new handle.

Pretty sweet deal!

-Scott
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.