My Own Tank!

Started by Shark Hunter, July 29, 2013, 05:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Sal's post has gone the way side, so I thought I'd show you guys my own. Following Sal's lead, as usual. I tried to leave a little more meat on the plate and shave the dog a bit. It still looks the same.
Special Thanks to Alan Tani for the great site, and the great deal on the Tank kit and Sleeve with dogs, Sal for his inspiration and ingenuity, Dawn from smooth Drag, Keta for being there, Bryan for being the utmost, Alan C. for making these Awesome! Gears, and Dominick, just for being Dominick! ::)

Finally got all the parts together. I should be working on my motorcycle or boat, but I can't help myself.

Man, those Black pearl gears look nice!Look out Dom, I'm going for a big Shark with this one!

My first time at double dogging. I think I did OK.

Ready for the frame, almost done.

Finished Product! Thanks Everyone!

Life is Good!

kamuwela

Shark Hunter

Thanks!
Lots to be learned here! Just an example! I couldn't have done it without everyone's help on here, I am sure I left a lot of people out, Forgive me! George comes to mind, and lets not forget John!
Thanks to everybody else I forgot! ;D
Life is Good!

Keta

Nice.  Mine is probably my favorite Penn, light and strong.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

BMITCH

Beautiful reel. Love the new Tib frames without the inner ring needed. Thanks for posting.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Newell Nut

Nice work. Hope you get to test it on the big blue water soon.

Alto Mare

Way to go buddy, ain't no stopping you now ;D.
Make sure everything is working as it should, free spool and all. It look like you took 3/16 of an inch from the reel by not installing the inner rings. You'll probably get away with it, but I would install them if I were you.
That kit is just as good as the later models from Tiburon, on that particular kit you will need the inner rings.
Good job on the grinding ;).
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Sal, I didn't even notice that the frame was supposed to have the inner rings! SH, how did that spool fit up? I guess it's only the width of two inner rings that can be taken up or in this case let out by the left bearing? So why is the inner ring on this type frame even needed?
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

George4741

Very nice!  Do the dogs engage simultaneously?
viurem lliures o morirem

Bryan Young

That's the way to do it.  Nice work and thanks for sharing the passion. 

Are the dogs latching in alternatively or simultaneously?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Hey Sharkey, draft another post and say "the last photo was just a test. I was waiting for the new rings to come in the mail."  I also noticed that you had Chapstick on the bench, do you use it to lubricate knots?  BTW nice job.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

The chapstick is just for my lips Dom.
The Dogs are engaging simultaneously.
Sal, I didn't even realize I needed the inner rings on this. I thought the spool was a little to the right. I backed off the right bearing some. I will put them on to get that bearing back in.
Still looking for a stainless arm for my P-60. I sent jigging world a message.
I wish fishing reel 079 had the same handle for the 114H. He says he has none. :'(
Life is Good!

john2244

Nice work Daron !!!

John

Alto Mare

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 29, 2013, 07:14:49 PM
The chapstick is just for my lips Dom.
The Dogs are engaging simultaneously.
Sal, I didn't even realize I needed the inner rings on this. I thought the spool was a little to the right. I backed off the right bearing some. I will put them on to get that bearing back in.
Still looking for a stainless arm for my P-60. I sent jigging world a message.
I wish fishing reel 079 had the same handle for the 114H. He says he has none. :'(
Hold up on the rings, I got just the ones you need. Let me know about that handle, do you want the 4 1/4" knob or 3 1/4"?
Silver or Black. Get back to me and I'll put one in the mail, You could send one back to me whenever you get it...no hurry.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cone

Dominick, You don't need chapstick. Just walk out in the pasture and stick your finger in a fresh cow pie. Then rub it on your lips. It doesn't do anything for them, but it keeps you from licking them.  ;D Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD