Install custom Power Knob for Penn Torque spinning reel!

Started by jiggingworld, July 29, 2013, 08:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiggingworld

A lot of our customers want to upgrade power knob for their Penn Torque spinning reels. we have some pictures and instructions what we did.

shaft is very thick and there are no ball bearings at all. the diameter of the shaft is 7.97mm. too thick. I don't think there are any Power ball knobs can fit on it. Our Poseidon shaft is 4.84mm.

cut off the existing shaft was easy!

As you can see this arm has unique shape. I knew I had to sand out to make even!

Once you sand it even. Drill a hole. I only had 3/16 drill bit and it's little too small. maybe 4/16 is perfect size?

Original Penn Torque 5 handle arm.

Penn Battle 6000

Color matches perfect too.

Thanks.

johndtuttle

Thanks very much for the post. Been looking for this. :D

best

If1sh

Looking for that handle knob for my penn battle ii 6000. How much and is it easy to install?

bestout

Quote from: If1sh on April 15, 2015, 02:17:24 PM
Looking for that handle knob for my penn battle ii 6000. How much and is it easy to install?
I wanted to do this too long time ago hope we can
The monsters in my head are scared......

handi2

No modifications are needed on the handle arm for the Battle reel. I have installed many of them on many different reels.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Three se7ens

The drill is likely 6mm, which is 0.236".  Closest standard sizes are 15/64 (0.2344") or "B" (0.238")

pahakin

Quote from: handi2 on April 15, 2015, 03:03:26 PM
No modifications are needed on the handle arm for the Battle reel. I have installed many of them on many different reels.

do you mean replacing the handle knob for penn battle 2 doesnt need no drilling sir? please post instruction on how to replace the round or tbar handle knob (poseidon) for penn battle 2 5000.. thanks a lot..