calcutta 700 S parts

Started by southernmost, August 04, 2013, 10:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernmost

I have a Calcutta 700 S and the push button will not pop out once pushed. I sent it to Shimano and they basically told me to buy a new one. Reel is brand new shape without a single scratch. Shoddy probuct IMO. Anyone know if these parts are available any where?

alantani

there is a kick lever that is a bear to get to.  it also help to use a thicker drag washer under the main gear.  that will make sure that the ratchet gear comes in solid contact with the pawl.  it's a common problem.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

did they NOT have the parts to fix it?

Linesiders

I'm having the same problem. Anyone have a picture or two on how to fix this problem, I took it apart went through it and reassembled with the same problem, new to this and not sure where I have to look. It didn't look to my untrained eye that anything was broken or unattached. Thanks for any help, been a great reel otherwise. Actually been pulling the button out by hand for a few years now  :o

alantani

the 700 is no fun to work on.  kick lever needs to be replaced.  it's spring loaded.  you have to line everything up just right. 

the_reel_doc

Go here http://stores.tunasreeltroubles.com/ct700s/   last item on page. It gets bent just a bit and it doesn't work.