Newell 338 clicker

Started by triumphrick, August 21, 2013, 06:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triumphrick

A customer is asking about a clicker upgrade for his Newell 338's...

I have yet to service one. He is saying the original clicker is plastic. I have to assume he is talking about the clicker spring.

Is there an upgraded version anyone is using?

Thanks, Rick

Bryan Young

the original clicker peg on some Newells were plastic.  There was an upgrade available at one time, and don't know who would have it know.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

Rick

There are S S Clicker Springs on Ebay but I would also change the Button & Toung at the same time.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

franky

I would also change the spool from graphite to aluminum.  The metal click toungue will eat up the graphite sproket on the graphite spool.  It gets expensive unless you find a really good deal, but this up-grade is well worth it.

triumphrick

Awesome...you guys are great!

At least now I have some options for my customer!

Thanks, Rick

Newell Nut

The P series and early Gs had the SS clicker. The Ps had metal spools and sprockets. The Gs had a graphite spool with a metal sprocket. Don't mix metal clickers with graphite spools and sprockets. Best to leave them as plastic to plastic or metal to metal. The SS button is cooler looking but not good with a plastic sprocket.

Customer could just buy a P series and sell what he has if he wants a SS clicker.

Ebay has what you need.