WARNING: SUS yoke installs on my SUS 113H gear set.

Started by Black Pearl, September 23, 2013, 10:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

This is just for informational only.

If you are using my stainless steel 113H gear set (PRO Challenger) with an aftermarket SUS yoke, it is required that you sand down the back of the SUS yoke (non smooth). It seems that the SUS yoke is little thicker for my 113H gear set. You can lay the back side yoke on a fine sand paper and move back and forth about 40 times. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Please note that this 113H gear set must be installed with SS yoke for 113H.....

I would recommend Keta (Lee) SS yoke for 113H. Please contact Lee for a set.

Keta

Quote from: Black Pearl on September 23, 2013, 10:47:27 PM
This is just for informational only. I am going to see if it is feasible to make some SUS yoke parts.

The drawing will be at the cutter in the morning.  How thick are the SUS yoke, the Penn 12-60 I measured is .046" (1.1mm), will .047" (1.2mm) be too thick?  
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Alto Mare

Quote from: Keta on September 24, 2013, 02:29:23 AM
Quote from: Black Pearl on September 23, 2013, 10:47:27 PM
This is just for informational only. I am going to see if it is feasible to make some SUS yoke parts.[/size][/color][/b].

The drawing will be at the cutter in the morning.  How thick are the SUS yoke, the Penn 12-60 I measured is .046" (1.1mm), will .047" (1.2mm) be too thick? 
Make it exactly as the penn yoke, thickness on the ss yoke is a little heavier and the cutout for the pinion is a little narrower. Dimensions are not noticeable by eye, a caliper will show it.
It is also a good idea to make the edge eased  on both sides, now it's only on one side.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

p-deverett

Lee are you making some SS yokes to work with Alan's gears?

Peter

Keta

Quote from: p-deverett on October 21, 2013, 01:33:25 AM
Lee are you making some SS yokes to work with Alan's gears?

Peter

Yes, Sal checked them out and they work.  I have a few now and I'll be cutting some more this week.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

p-deverett

Keta

Mark Twain

seaeagle2

"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Keta

Mark Twain

joel8080

Hi Lee

In that goody box you keep under the table do you happen to have a SS Yoke & Dog for a Penn 1/0.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

Keta

Quote from: joel8080 on October 23, 2013, 01:38:10 PM
Hi Lee

In that goody box you keep under the table do you happen to have a SS Yoke & Dog for a Penn 1/0.

Joel8080

I have the dogs, 15-60 and can make a yoke if you send me one to use.

Mark Twain

joel8080

Hi

Keta hold the dog and I will ask one of my Pilot buddies flying North to drop it in a mail box to you.

Joel 8080
Oceanside,California

Keta

Quote from: joel8080 on October 23, 2013, 05:28:46 PM
Hi

Keta hold the dog and I will ask one of my Pilot buddies flying North to drop it in a mail box to you.

Joel 8080

If you are not in a hurry I can get one from MysticParts when I make another order.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ceylon-vs-cassia-cinnamon#section2

Mark Twain