Black Pearl's gears for 500- 505 & 112H

Started by Alto Mare, October 11, 2013, 07:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I received the gears today:

These are the standard, I placed Bryans 5+1 Kit and the last washer sits nice and flush with the gear.

And here is the one that has been customized by lowering the wall by 1mm.
I didn't test the custom....there is no need, I did test the standard set.
These gears will work very nicely in the 505 Jigmaster

Stock 505 gears on the left new gears on the right

I installed Bryans kit, but the last washer is thicker

Gears did great, nice and smooth. No issue with the clutch, free spool or anything else

I also tested the 112H, same results

These are some nice gears, I didn't test them on the 500, simply because I don't believe there is a need to.

Great job Alan, thanks again for making these available to us....you're the man!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Looks fantastic.
Great job Alan and Sal!!
Can't wait to get my hand on these.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Newell Nut

Those look really nice. Sure looking forward to Alan's next gear project.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Bryan Young

Sweeeeet Alan.  Thank you for helping us.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Ok, I decided to do the Jigmaster 500 as well

These gears are silky smooth, the only thing I've notice is that using Bryan's 5+1 kit, the small wavy spring washer doesn't take you to max, you will need the Belleville that comes with the kit.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

I really need to learn to double dog jigmasters in alternating sequence. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Why? ??? you're better off simultaneously. Alternating is much easier to do, you just pop them in.
We have a great fishing reel here.

Bryan Young

Sal, i have never had a problem with a single dog in operation even at higher drag settings.  but if I can reduce the back play...that would be great.

Alto Mare

I still say you'll be better off with simultaneously, but you're the boss ;)

Guys, this was a functionality test, not a stress test.
Gears work very nicely, but we will need to see if they'll hold up under stress.

Newell Nut

You doing the bucket full of bricks test tomorrow?

broschro

Alto Mare

Quote from: Newell Nut on October 11, 2013, 10:10:29 PM
You doing the bucket full of bricks test tomorrow?
Might be better to just fish them for a while and see what happens.

Newell Nut

Jamie
Be sure and bring a sea bass rig with you if you come down next week. We have picked up a few cobias on live bait and jigs.

Sal
We have room for you too and bring the reels. I have plenty of rods for you.

Shark Hunter

I definitely agree with these Black Pearl Gears. I only have the 113H and 114H standard sets, but they are very impressive! ;D
Life is Good!