PENN Fathom SD 4.8:1 ratio SS Gear Set.

Started by Black Pearl, October 21, 2013, 09:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coonhound

Quote from: Black Pearl on December 19, 2013, 10:49:52 PM
Updated......

A replacement SS yoke has been shipped out. This yoke should fit on the pinion very nicely.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
--Alan

Alan- the new yokes are binding on the eccentric jack.  Anyone else have this issue?  I've been hitting it with a stone and a file, but so far it won't slide up the jack.

-Will

Black Pearl

Quote from: coonhound on December 31, 2013, 03:50:55 PM
Updated......

A replacement SS yoke has been shipped out. This yoke should fit on the pinion very nicely.

Thanks,
--Alan

Alan- the new yokes are binding on the eccentric jack.  Anyone else have this issue?  I've been hitting it with a stone and a file, but so far it won't slide up the jack.

-Will
Hi Will,

Have you tried to use the original yoke?

I have not heard anyone has that issue.

Thanks,
--Alan

conchydong

I had a problem when I reassembled everything with the new gear set and thanks to Lee (Keta) he mentioned to check the eccentric jack to see if there were any marks on it and sure enough there was. The pin on the eccentric was not seating into the jack properly causing a problem for me. I was still able to shift but had grinding and significant loss of freespool.  Once I got that corrected, everything worked fine. Hope this helps.

coonhound

Quote from: Black Pearl on December 31, 2013, 04:09:11 PM
Updated......

Thanks,
--Alan

-Will
Hi Will,

Have you tried to use the original yoke?

I have not heard anyone has that issue.

Thanks,
--Alan

[/quote

Alan,

Yes, the old yoke works fine.  It may be that the holes for the yoke posts are too tight?   The old yoke has more play in the posts.  I've smoothed any burs from the jack and yoke.

Also- I assume the new SS gears will be slightly rougher than the brass, correct?  I have it together now with the new gears/old yoke and it sounds like my 113's with SS gears.  Just making sure this is normal.

Thanks for your help!

Will

Keta

-Will

Check your PM's.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Black Pearl

A second production run will be starting soon.

dobrobill

screaming_spool

Black Pearl

The samples testing are done. Everything went very good, and we were please.

We have started a second production for this Fathom 4.8:1 gear set. The price is $49.99 + + $2.00 for shipping within the US (outside of the US order, please send an email for shipping cost inquiry). There will be 6% sale tax for order shipped within FL.

Please note that this is a limited quantity production run only.

To place your order, please send an email to sales@prochallenger.com with title "Fathom 4.8 gear set" and include the following items. An invoice will be sent via Square.

1.) Full name
2.) Mailing address
3.) Order quantity
4.) Prefer an invoice via PayPal (additional $0.50 per item will be added)

Got questions ??? ??? Please call 561-568-3980.

Thanks,
--Alan

Black Pearl

All paid orders on this gear set will be shipped out on 10/14.

Thank you for you all support!!!!

Thanks,
--Alan

Black Pearl

This gear set is ready for sale on my the online store (www.mkt.com/pro-challenger-LLC).

The price will go up to $49.99 + $2.00 shipping after this weekend.

Thanks,
Alan

maxpowers

I used the 4.8:1 gears yesterday in my fathom 40 fishing for some shallow rockfish (supposed to be a yellowtail trip).  The gears performed perfectly.

Rivverrat

Just sent an email. Hoping you have another set left. How do I place order?

Black Pearl

Quote from: Rivverrat on May 23, 2015, 01:07:41 AM
Just sent an email. Hoping you have another set left. How do I place order?

Yes. Since I am on vacation until 5/29, I have turned off the shopping cart from the online store.

You can place you order after 5/29.

Thanks,
Alan

Rivverrat