bearing packer (mm and inch), adaptor and needle kit - back in stock 7/23/2020

Started by alantani, April 07, 2010, 05:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: alantani on May 27, 2016, 01:13:14 AM
well, this last batch is finally all gone.  hopefully tom can get another batch done. 
They are waiting on the shelf! ;D ;D
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Vjtrey1

alantani

yes, got a bunch!  send me a pm with your address and i can get a set out to you!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Vjtrey1

Hi guys can you please give me a link of gun that is compatible with this packer and can be loaded with 14 oz cartridge grease tube. Thank you in advance!

SmashingPumpkins

Hi Alan, I  would be interested in getting your bearing packer.

But then I'm not sure exactly when a bearing should be greased rather than oiled. I thought you said you've switched to using TS 301 on all your bearing because it bonds with the metal and lasts for several years.

There's a product here in Australia Protects Lube which claims to do a similar thing and I've ordered some.

I'm also having trouble fully cleaning out the bearings with pressed in metal shields. Does the bearing packer fully clean these by pushing grease through?

I was going to suggest you maintain a sticky on lubricants and bearings where you can record all your latest tips and lubricants, as when reading through the threads, it's difficult to know which of your tips have been superseded.

alantani

i like spool bearings opened, cleaned, lubed in TSI 301 or TSI 321, then installed open.  non-spool bearings i like packed with grease.  they last longer that way.  send a pm or email if i can tempt you with a set!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

I'm noticing using  TSI 301 my reels  are actually getting smoother after sitting in storage for a year or so, it's like magic.
All I usually use is one single drop...good stuff!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Vjtrey1

Hi alan i pm you for a set just wanna know if you got it. Thank you

RiverAngler

For anyone thinking about getting these, you should. I love mine, and they work famously. Never mind the outstanding machine work on them.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Tiddlerbasher

Quote from: RiverAngler on August 07, 2016, 11:47:12 PM
For anyone thinking about getting these, you should. I love mine, and they work famously. Never mind the outstanding machine work on them.

X2 :)

SmashingPumpkins

It sounds like you're referring to conventional reels. What about spinning reels, e.g. a Stella. What bearings would you grease vs oil with TS301?

I would like maximum free spool plus protection, bearing in mind the Stella has waterproof seals so the water ingress into the bearings shouldn't be an issue unless it is submerged.

Tiddlerbasher

RiverAngler

Quote from: SmashingPumpkins on August 08, 2016, 02:28:57 PM
It sounds like you're referring to conventional reels. What about spinning reels, e.g. a Stella. What bearings would you grease vs oil with TS301?

I would like maximum free spool plus protection, bearing in mind the Stella has waterproof seals so the water ingress into the bearings shouldn't be an issue unless it is submerged.

Trust me, at some point in it's life, waterproof seal or not, salt will get in the reel. I would grease the bearings on either side of the handle shaft/main gear shaft. Any bearings save for spool bearings (and in a lot of case spool bearings as well) used in conventional or spinning reels exposed to salt should be greased. It saves money and frustration in the long term.

Ralph
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Tiddlerbasher

Quote from: SmashingPumpkins on August 08, 2016, 02:28:57 PM

Grease every bearing except the AR (corrosion X)