Newell R631-3

Started by triumphrick, November 04, 2013, 01:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triumphrick

I am in need of a reel seat for this reel.

It is red, as you can tell by the model number.

If anyone has anything, please email me. I am sure my customer can settle for a black one to salvage his reel..

ricksreelservice@gmail.com

Thanks!

Newell Nut

It would be very difficult to find a 631 since Tiburon has not made any frames for that one yet. The good news is that a 533 and 440 frame is interchangeable with a 631 base but you may have to paint them. You can use graphite or a P series aluminum and there are plenty to be found in ebay. I have one but need to keep it for a spare.

Tunacious

Ditto what NN said. If I had a Tib frame I'd gladly sell you my extra. I thought I had 2 extra but the second base appears to be from a 641.

triumphrick

Thanks to both for the reply....

I had been reading where Tiburon was thinking of making frames for the 631.

That would certainly open up some spare parts!

Newell Nut

You are very welcome. Tiburon has one of my 631s in house now to measure but I do not know when they will start production and they have not committed yet either as they are waiting for email request for 40 to 50 frames.

Tunacious

TR: Give Rich at Tiburon a shout (rich@tiburonengineering.com) and tell him you've heard of Tib being interested in making some 631 frames and spools. I also told him I'd be interested in a narrow 631 kit. Tell him you're interested in one or more...!

This is a grassroots effort to get these frames/spools made. Also, tell him you read about it on the Alan Tani website. The more requests he gets, the better our chance of getting them made! See http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=8707.0

8)