alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Welcome
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
November 18, 2018, 02:50:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 100839 times)
alantani
admin
Administrator

« on: November 25, 2013, 11:45:48 AM »

this board is unavailable to guests.  it is visible the general membership for firearms discussion by request only.  you have to ask if you want in.  just send a pm so that i have your login name.  no politics are allowed, and the 12 year old rule applies.  thanks!  alan

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1257.0

spread out a little, guys.  the majority of the board is now open.  bryan young has been very helpful and recruited a few moderators.  i'm hoping that new posts can go to their closest board and old questions now in the welcome board about specific reels can now be moved. after nearly 2 years, the welcome board has gotten a little overloaded.  there is alot of good information there, but it's impossible to find.  hence the change.  so here are some general guidelines........

registration - there is no requirement to register just to read what's here.  think of this place as a library.  c'mom in, copy and paste what you need and you're all set!  people just have to register to post.  the concern is more to keep out spammers and bots.  i ban dozens of spammers a week.  these guys really are a bunch of idiots!  beyond that, it does not matter to me.  we do not need to drum up numbers to prove to sponsors that we are worth the advertising dollars because there is no advertising.  the big advantage of registering is that you can drop in, click on "unread posts" and get caught up quick.  

boards and topics - i would like the board to remain a "tech" site only.  there are many sites where people can discuss local fishing issues.  fishing pretty much sucks everywhere and we all know that already.  engines and electronics can likewise be addressed elsewhere because that would be like the blind leading the blind.  hey, we're good at fishing reels.  let's stay with what we know.  but i guess if someone wants to start a rod board, i'm good with that as long that person is willing to maintain it.  

other links - i am happy to see people post links to their products as long as they are fishing reel related.  remember, the site has no sponsorship, so there is no need to promote one product over another, or exclude one product over another.  

standards for behavior - i have a 12 year old daughter.  i have asked the moderators to immediately delete anything that would be inappropriate for her to read.  thanks!  alan

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 01:10:32 PM by alantani » Logged

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Nessie Hunter
Firearms Group

Hesperia, Ca 92345

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 12:35:53 PM »

..........    Grin  .......

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!
ChileRelleno
Politically Incorrect & Loving It
Firearms Group

Striving To Be The Man My Kids Think I Am!

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 02:08:25 PM »

I can go for this  Cool

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."
pakyo
Alignment between task and hoby

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 06:33:19 AM »

Hi Mr. Alan

thank you for accept me in this forum
i want to learn about fishing tackle maintenance
am from Makassar Indonesia and i like fishing

regards

Yohannes Mainda
Makassar, Indonesia
Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 06:49:13 AM »

Hi Yohannes

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
Newell Nut
Firearms Group

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 09:04:53 AM »

Selamat bergabung

When I worked in Paiton a few years ago I loved fishing in Indonesia. Also fished in Bali and I have never seen so many spinner dolphin flying through the air before or since.

Dwight
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 08:47:09 PM »

Selamat bergabung from me too.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 10:52:29 PM »

welcome!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
pakyo
Alignment between task and hoby

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 01:47:38 AM »

Hi Keta ...... nice to meet you

Terimakasih Newell Nut Smiley ...... you can visit bali n go fishing again some time in the future

Terimakasih juga Dominick ....... salam kenal Smiley

Thanks Alan ......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: