alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial welcome!
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
September 21, 2017, 12:52:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: welcome!  (Read 26865 times)
Norcal Pescador
Redding, CA

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 07:33:56 AM »

Rob:  I'm not sure what you mean.  If I post a photo of a rifle in this thread for sale and someone says "I want it" are we violating some obscure firearms law? Would your answer be the same if I say, "if you are interested PM me?  Dominick

Dominick -
What my intent was - if you say "I want it" on the site, then use emails or exchange phone numbers to negotiate and seal the deal. I wouldn't use Alan's PM capability to consummate a deal - it's still using the site to conduct business in my opinion.

I agree with Alan that it's better [safer] to use an FFL holder at each end for an out-of-area transaction. If the buyer and seller could meet at a licensed dealer, that would be ideal. I don't need [want] the Feds in my personal life.
Rob
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:34:55 AM by Norcal Pescador » Logged

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? Roll Eyes

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD
Shark Hunter

The Rogue of the Seven Seas!

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 05:25:08 PM »

x2 Grin

Life is Good!
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 05:32:57 PM »

Rob:  I'm not sure what you mean.  If I post a photo of a rifle in this thread for sale and someone says "I want it" are we violating some obscure firearms law? Would your answer be the same if I say, "if you are interested PM me?  Dominick

Dominick -
What my intent was - if you say "I want it" on the site, then use emails or exchange phone numbers to negotiate and seal the deal. I wouldn't use Alan's PM capability to consummate a deal - it's still using the site to conduct business in my opinion.

I agree with Alan that it's better [safer] to use an FFL holder at each end for an out-of-area transaction. If the buyer and seller could meet at a licensed dealer, that would be ideal. I don't need [want] the Feds in my personal life.
Rob
I agree with your analysis Rob.  Yes you are correct on the FFL dealer.  I shipped an old Marlin 1896 in 44-40 caliber to a relative in Oregon.  I shipped to a sporting goods shop after first contacting the store for price and permission.  I later learned that the rifle was an antique and I did not have to use a FFL dealer.  I have another Marlin 1886 model in .22 Caliber.  It is in pretty good condition, if anyone is interested send me an email.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: