Senators on Ebay

Started by Shark Hunter, December 04, 2013, 05:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

Mike can you repost the pics that were on photobucket? I never got to see them
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Penn Chronology

QuoteMike can you repost the pics that were on photobucket? I never got to see them

I am at a loss here. Losing Photobucket put me in a giant hole. I am starting over at ORCA, there I can upload my photos directly into a thread.

I am very busy and absolutely hate doing things over, so even on the ORCA website I am not going back and fixing my old posts, I know I have thousands of pictures there that are now unsupported and would never dedicate the time to that.

Here, I do not know how to post photos anymore. I am not going to go to another website like Photobucket, only to be wiped out again. I have been using Photobucket for many years, I feel they really backstabbed anyone that was using their service. If would have told me that anything I do in the future would no longer be free, I would have understood that; but, to hold all my old stuff hostage unless I pay, that rubbed me the wrong way.

If there was a way that I could directly up load photos here, I would; but, I do not believe that is possible here.

Too Bad....................<:O(

mo65

Quote from: 1badf350 on September 13, 2017, 01:05:29 PM
Mike can you repost the pics that were on photobucket? I never got to see them

Hey fellas...you need to check out this extension that ChiliRelleno discovered. You can download this and it will bypass the photobucket ransom, making pics visible again, that is if the images haven't been deleted there. Many folks jumped the gun and deleted their photobucket hosted pics.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fix-embedded-photobucket/cdngpnpgjighldbibdgpddaieidknhlf

Quote from: Penn Chronology on September 14, 2017, 05:49:36 AM
If there was a way that I could directly up load photos here, I would; but, I do not believe that is possible here.

You can upload photos directly here Mike. When posting...just click on the "additional options" heading...the rest is pretty self explanatory.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

Did that on all of mine -- straightened out 2427 pics in about 30 seconds.

I run firefox.

However, this works fine on my PC desktop --

On my ipad -- even though Firefox is installed -- the Apple IOS system will not let this happen because there are built in limitations brought to you by...yours truly -- Apple.

So all of my pics are now visible from before -- but not from an Apple product such as an ipad or iphone.

Good enough for me, for now.

I have been using Alan's site for hosting for nearly 2 years now -- and there is plenty of capacity.

However, with the exponential growth of our site, the threat of Go-Daddy changing policy, the unstable nature of other photo sharing platforms, and the unsureness of the future -- I personally believe that we should be looking to our stand alone server system to have control over our pics, content, and destiny.

I think now is the time to explore options --

Just my opinions...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tightlines667

Quote from: foakes on September 14, 2017, 05:14:22 PM
Did that on all of mine -- straightened out 2427 pics in about 30 seconds.

I run firefox.

However, this works fine on my PC desktop --

On my ipad -- even though Firefox is installed -- the Apple IOS system will not let this happen because there are built in limitations brought to you by...yours truly -- Apple.

So all of my pics are now visible from before -- but not from an Apple product such as an ipad or iphone.

Good enough for me, for now.

I have been using Alan's site for hosting for nearly 2 years now -- and there is plenty of capacity.

However, with the exponential growth of our site, the threat of Go-Daddy changing policy, the unstable nature of other photo sharing platforms, and the unsureness of the future -- I personally believe that we should be looking to our stand alone server system to have control over our pics, content, and destiny.

I think now is the time to explore options --

Just my opinions...

Best,

Fred

Sweet!

Guess, I should give this a go at dome point.  I was waiting for a workable solution, sounds like we've got one.

The ORCA site has one of the best photo sharing features setup I have seen.  Unfortunately, they are suffering from the same problem we are with regards to photobucket.  Actually, it is many orders of magnitude greater, given the many older posts with members that are no longer available to fix past postings. 

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

oc1

Just get your own web site Fred. You have to pay a about ten bucks annually for a domain name (www.fredstuff.com) and a monthly fee for a hosting service.  The hosting service can be almost free up to whatever you want to pay for bells and whistles.  All your posted photos would link to your own domain name (www.fredstuff.com/obscurereel190.jpg) .  That link will still work even if you change hosting services, as long as the domain name is renewed annually.  You have complete control of your content.  You can also use your web site for sales or philanthropy or cats or firewood or whatever else you want.  No experience required and the software will lead you through the process.
-steve

Penn Chronology

QuoteMike can you repost the pics that were on photobucket? I never got to see them

Hey fellas...you need to check out this extension that ChiliRelleno discovered. You can download this and it will bypass the photobucket ransom, making pics visible again, that is if the images haven't been deleted there. Many folks jumped the gun and deleted their photobucket hosted pics.

How do I find that extension?

mo65

Quote from: Penn Chronology on September 15, 2017, 05:07:34 PM
How do I find that extension?

Oh good grief!! I just noticed I forgot to put the link to the extension in my post! :-[ Sorry Mike, glad you asked though, here's the link:
                                    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fix-embedded-photobucket/cdngpnpgjighldbibdgpddaieidknhlf
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Penn Chronology

QuoteOh good grief!! I just noticed I forgot to put the link to the extension in my post!

:D

wailua boy

Is there a disadvantage to just uploading a jpeg directly without a hosting site?

Shark Hunter

That is usually what I do.
It is safe that way.
Life is Good!

Decker

Can someone give me some shopping pointers on a 113H 4/0?   I would like to find a donor reel to use with a tiburon or accurate YTS (yellowtail special, narrow) frame and spool.   I understand that some of these reels came with steel gears, but I would be upgrading the gears to a 4:1 ratio (most likely Pro Challenger).   Are there some reels that come with steel yoke or bridge or sleeve that would work with the tiburon YTS frame? 

Bottom line: what is the best donor reel for this project?   Thanks.

Shark Hunter

The older dark maroon plates usually have all the goods.
$50 is a fair price for them.
Once you go Tank. the upgrades are quite expensive.
Life is Good!

Decker

I had bought a 113h on ebay months ago.  It came with stock brass gears.  The right-side plate is black and says "113-H."  I hadn't noticed that the left side plate was a different color, dark red.  Now when I am look at 113H's, I notice others like this, black on the right, dark red on the left.   So, my "conspiracy theory" is that the sellers know that there are better gears in the dark red ones, and so are swapping them out with black plates... Does that hold any water? 

Here is another that I spotted:

Army_of_One

Quote from: Decker on November 15, 2017, 08:32:47 PM
I had bought a 113h on ebay months ago.  It came with stock brass gears.  The right-side plate is black and says "113-H."  I hadn't noticed that the left side plate was a different color, dark red.  Now when I am look at 113H's, I notice others like this, black on the right, dark red on the left.   So, my "conspiracy theory" is that the sellers know that there are better gears in the dark red ones, and so are swapping them out with black plates... Does that hold any water? 

Here is another that I spotted:

Those both look dark maroon to me.  I have had two mismatched plates, on two different reels that swapped perfectly. 
Another day in Paradise!