Aluminum Frame for PENN 115L 9/0

Started by Black Pearl, December 13, 2013, 10:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

Hi,

I have been thinking that if we can come up an order of 50 sets of the aluminum frame and spool, I might be able to make that happens.

I have my other resource is checking into the cost.

Please let me know if your are interested and how many set you need.

Thanks,
--Alan

john2244

Hello Alan,

I am interested in two frames.

John

Ron Jones

I could only imagine that Shark Hunter would be all over this. I bet you could get the 50 orders.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Chris Gatorfan

Sounds like sexy time for my 9/0. Woohoo get it done.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Tightlines667

I think the frame would be more important then the spool.  A kit that included SS frame screws and a rod clamp would be the ticket.  I think they would sell if you could keep the cost down.  Maybe vino able to the Tiburon International 50 series frames ($146-$171 price range)?  Another thought would be adding a removable top cross bar (like tiburon did with the 50W frame) would likely be a worthy option.  Personally O think making just frames, that are compatable with all 3 stock spool styles, would sell best.  If you were considering spools it might be better to produce them along with wider (and/or narrower frames).  You may want to start a poll here to judge interest?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

floating doc

That's exciting. I'm impressed at how good you are at picking the projects. I could see this being very popular with the members here, and a run of 50 should be pretty easy to sell.

I have a 115L that I'm planning to work on this spring, so I'd jump on this. The addition of a one piece aluminum frame and spool to the currently available parts would totally transform the reel.

Is it too soon to ask if you have a target price?
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

Oh Yea!
I'm not so much interested in a spool or posts. Just the frame, that way you could use it on cast and aluminum spools. I see a problem with spool spreading on the 9/0 with the models that have bushings and one piece chrome spools. I think the bearing model chrome brass spool with an Aluminum frame and the hot rods will be the ticket!
depending on price, I'm all over this for Five frames! ;D
Life is Good!

floating doc

The aluminum frame is the primary thing here. I see that there are factory aluminum spools, but I assume that you would need to have the later (bearing) side plates to use one. Mine is an earlier model with a one piece bronze spool and bushings.
Central Florida

Black Pearl

This will be just the frame only. I will check if we can find some SS screws for each side plate.

floating doc

Sounds good.  The frame is the weak point after all the modifications.

I want
1-to build one.
2-to have a shot at needing it.
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

Come on Guys! We need 50 takers. I can't take all 50 for myself! Well, Maybe. ;)
Life is Good!

dogtagger

I might be interested in two if the price is reasonable.

Black Pearl

Quote from: floating doc on December 14, 2013, 02:53:49 AM

Is it too soon to ask if you have a target price?

Well, I don't have the target price yet because we have to do the measurement of the whole reel first and put all figures into the CAD system. It takes a lot of time on R&D. Then, my resource will let me know his cost.

I hope that the target price will not be too high. We will see.

Now the question I have is the color. I am thinking silver. Because silver does not show too bad if it has a scratch. Any suggestion?

dogtagger

Silver would be sharp, though black would work too. What are you're thoughts on the stand? Would be possible to mill the frame to take the 50 international stand?

floating doc

my opinion, silver would be best. Hopefully the stand will be part of the frame.
Central Florida