114 Black

Started by Shark Hunter, December 08, 2013, 05:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

OD and ID are spot on. Lees are 1.18mm yours are .53mm in thickness, I'm thinking yours might generate too much drag on those. We could change the combination, but that would defeat the purpose.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Fill me in Sal about what you guys are talking about. A Hex insert for a stock 6/0?
Life is Good!

Keta

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 06, 2014, 11:12:17 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on January 06, 2014, 10:21:56 PM
Don't mess with those, as I mentioned earlier they are perfect for Lee's inserts.
How much thinner are the washers with the inserts?  The washers seem rather thin (OD to ID) to fit an insert.

I don't have the dimensions but the octagon adapters work well in the small 5-60 and 5-66 gears.

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 07, 2014, 01:13:37 AM
Fill me in Sal about what you guys are talking about. A Hex insert for a stock 6/0?

After I do the larger reels.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Sorry Daron, I was telling Bryan that his washers that are too big for the 114  will fit perfectly in Lee's 114H insert.

Washer on the right is lees, stocked on top of Bryans,. washer on the left is Bryans, stocked on top of Lees.
As you can see dimensions are the same, but not on thickness.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I See. :) Very Interesting. Maybe I won't have to take out a Mortgage to Hex all my 114's and 9/0's now. ;D
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

George4741

I installed a 1+7 drag in my 114 and, if I remember correctly, it got 33lbs drag.  Very respectable and more than enough for this old boy.  
viurem lliures o morirem

Ron Jones

Lee
Are you selling the 114H inserts yet?
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"