9/0 Frame Kit

Started by broadway, December 16, 2013, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

I started working on a project with a fellow Alan Tani crew member/machinist about a year ago. We've battled limited access to machinery and very busy schedules, but I am finally ready to announce a limited upcoming production run of (45) 9/0 frames. I should be receiving delivery in about a months time as they are currently with the anodizer. The lot is anticipated to consist of a 50/50 split of both black and silver frames. The black is a guarantee, I am awaiting confirmation on the silver. It will be a half frame, much like some Tiburon frames currently on the market. You will only need a single cross bar/post from your existing 9/0. It will also come with a reel clamp kit. I won't be testing this frame on the newer H2 Series 9/0 because I don't own one and neither do most of you. Therefore, I can not guarantee fitment, though it should still work. However, Accu-plates will NOT fit this kit.
     When I make them available they will be sold on a first come, first serve basis, one per customer for one week. If any stock remains after the one week window I will post the remaining quantities and colors on the same first come, first serve, one more per customer buyer policy that existed during week one until all stock is depleted.
     This has never been a money making venture for me, it is more of a "pay it forward" project. I have been inspired by many of the Alan Tani "mentors" and I am simply looking to follow their lead. As soon as I receive notification that the frames are on the way to me i"ll take my tally at that point. I believe this is going to help with Alan C's new monster gears.  Unfortunately, I will only be shipping to the lower 48 states. If you plan on purchasing for an AT member outside the lower 48 they (the additional party) must PM me personally to confirm their request. In this instance only I will honor orders with a quantity greater than one.
     To address the cost question, I don't have an exact figure but it's looking around $100-$115. As I said....not a get rich quick project.

Thank you,
Dom

P.S. Alan Chui and I have spoken.

floating doc

OK, so this is to be a separate run from Alan's, correct?
Central Florida

broadway

BMITCH

Wow Dom! Good for you!! I don't have any 9/0's but if I did.....good luck with this.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Dominick

Quote from: BMITCH on December 16, 2013, 03:07:39 AM
Wow Dom! Good for you!! I don't have any 9/0's but if I did.....good luck with this.
Bob
Bob:  Daron made you a pretty decent offer.  Go for it.  You're making feel bad.   ::) I searched ebay for a 9/0 and there are some nice ones.  Dom, put me down for one in silver.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

erikpowell

Wow Dom... NICE !

ya know, if I REALLY enforced that 30day limit on uncollected refurbished reels....  ;)
I'd have beauty of a candidate for this frame.... muaahhhh  ;D ;D

... Daron must be in bed already..  :D

Chris Gatorfan

Well Domain count me in for a silver on. Better grab it while they're available. Then it will be time to get another 9/0.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Just taking a Nap Eric. I fell asleep on the couch after the Steelers kicked the Bengals butts. That was disappointing. >:( I'm down for one or two of the Silver Dom. I wish I knew for sure if we were getting the full frames from Chui. This is really a stand up thing to do offering them to us at such a great price.
You are my new Hero Dom! ;)
Life is Good!

BMITCH

Quote from: Pescachaser on December 16, 2013, 04:04:03 AM
Quote from: BMITCH on December 16, 2013, 03:07:39 AM
Bob
Bob:  Daron made you a pretty decent offer.  Go for it.  You're making feel bad.   ::) I searched ebay for a 9/0 and there are some nice ones.  Dom, put me down for one in silver.  Dominick

Dominick, no worries. I don't need any more projects then I have started ;) I wouldn't fish it anyway. Those are for the big boys. I'm just hotrodding all these reels to catch bait ;D
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Ok Bob,
That deal was just for you buddy. No more sellers remorse! ;)
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

I'll take a black. Be a good excuse to get another 9/0 if I get a full frame to.
Grayson Lanier

broadway

Those of you who are looking forward to this frame unveiling as much as I am... I've got an update for you.  First, I'd like to tell you who I've ask to produce these frames for us.  It's none other than Tom Hryniuk.  Those of you who have purchased his squidder or jig master frames know that he's a magician with a CNC machine.  He's really been trying to bring high quality to this project, so I'll wet your whistles a bit with some tasty facts about the frame. Tom has informed me that we're waiting on color samples of the type II and type III silver to come back because the type III silver has a tendency to show up darker, more like a gunmetal.  The black anodizing will be the hardest available (type III.)  The other trick feature Tom has done for us is he's made the reel foot one piece with the rest of the frame much like the old Accu-Frames.   
I'll keep you guys posted as I am informed.  I appreciate the positive feedback and it's been a pleasure working with Tom. 
Many thanks to Alan Tani for none of this would be possible without you!
Thanks,
Dom

Shark Hunter

You got me drooling Dom! :P
The Gunmetal sounds Awesome!!! ;D
Life is Good!

Black Pearl

Dom,

I think you should ask B.Y. to move this posting under the Senator section. Therefore, it will have more people to read this posting.

Thanks,
--Alan