Penn113H & ProGear454/440/441/545/541/YTS - 7+1 Drag System - $39 shipped in US

Started by Bryan Young, December 18, 2013, 06:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inodan2

If I were to send you the reel to do the following upgrades, how much would it cost?

Depending on what drag pressure you will be fishing,

If you are fishing more than 15#, I would recommend a stainless steel gear sleeve.

If you are fishing more than 20# of drag, I would recommend steel or stainless steel gears.

and a larger handle and stainless steel arm are always good upgrades.

If you want to do this all at once, I have the drag kits, Alan's Stainless Steel Gear Sleeves, Black Pearl Stainless Steel Gears, and Alan's SS arms and 3/0 and 5/0 handles.

swill88

Hi Bryan... a question.

Are the metal and carbontex for under the gear on the gen 2 sleeves the same as the thin washers in the stack?

thanks... 

Bryan Young

The metal washer is but the Carbontex is 0.5 mm thick versus 0.76 mm and 1 mm thick that is in the drag stack.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

swill88

thought so! but these old eyes are often fooled!  thanks Bryan...

davy

Hi Bryan Young! I am new to this website and I have a Penn 113H with both Accurate frame and sideplates and I would like to upgrade the reel with stainless steel gears, drag kit (I believe you make them), double dog, SS yoke, and have the reel serviced by you.  I was wondering if you would like to trade two 4/0 Accurate narrow frame for the upgrade on my 113H?  The two 4/0 Accurate narrow frames that I have are in red and gold.  Sorry I do not have narrow spools for them.  Thank you for your consideration!

Bryan Young

Bad news, my laser cutter had raised prices after 3 years.  The drag kits are now $39 shipped.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

All kits are sold out.

Not sure if I'll be making any more kits due to lack of interest and cost in comparison to other drag mods out there.  If you guys are still interested in me carrying these kits, please let me know.

Dan-J

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Alto Mare

You have a good thing going here, why would you even consider stopping? I happen to like your sets, they really work. It's nice to have different options.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

These kits offer more bang for the buck than any 4/0 mod I can think of...I'd hate to see them not offered.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Tightlines667

I thought these were selling well in Hawaii for you? 

I can understand not wanting to deal with all the extra headaches and upfront financial costs. 

But make no mistake about it.. these are great upgrades.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

swill88

Bryan Young

PacificSlayer