Main Menu

"The Map"

Started by Roger, April 27, 2010, 12:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Quote from: David Hall on October 20, 2014, 09:43:28 PM
Live in San Jose, Ca.
But my home is on H-dock in Moss Landing Harbor   ;D

Spent a few minutes every day gazing over the Moss Landing Harbor when I was rebuilding the power plant several years ago. It was a pretty view from the top of the power house.

alantani

getting cluttered so i cleared the map.  watch for the guy in the indian ocean and the guy off the west coast of africa.  i think these are usn bases.  would really like them to come in and say hi!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

trond_solem

Ok. I have to present my self.
I am a retired software engineer, but I have education in electronics and mechanics.
In addition I have run a outboard repair shop for 10 years.
The urge to repair and make thingss work better is rooted deep in my soul. It is also said that i must be closely related to a hamster since I almost never get rid of bits and parts. :-)
I just collect them.

I live on the beautiful Island Vega in northern Norway. It is about 9 yards from my front door to the waterfront. My boat is located in the marina 50 yards away.
This is what it looks like from my front door on a beautiful morning.

Big Tim

Quote from: trond_solem on November 24, 2014, 10:52:41 PM
Ok. I have to present my self.
I am a retired software engineer, but I have education in electronics and mechanics.
In addition I have run a outboard repair shop for 10 years.
The urge to repair and make thingss work better is rooted deep in my soul. It is also said that i must be closely related to a hamster since I almost never get rid of bits and parts. :-)
I just collect them.

I live on the beautiful Island Vega in northern Norway. It is about 9 yards from my front door to the waterfront. My boat is located in the marina 50 yards away.
This is what it looks like from my front door on a beautiful morning.

I live in Fresno, California...Pretty much the center of the state, but I am a direct decedent of the Lindstroms of Norway  ;D ;D ;D I could be a long lost relative? I think I should visit you and find out for sure   ;D ;D ;D what a beautiful place to live. Thank you for sharing the photo.

Big Tim

Alto Mare

I agree Tim. I've seen a few other pics that he sent me, Trond lives in a beautiful place.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

Beautiful picture but what does it look like in February? :D
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

trond_solem

Quote from: MarkT on November 25, 2014, 04:17:52 AM

Usually like this.
We don't have much snow, and the storms blow out their frustration during september and october. Wintertime is usually quiet with temps just above or around freezing.

theswimmer

Quote from: Keta on November 21, 2014, 01:07:20 AM
How close are you to Coloma, CA?  My father had a ranch above the town and a few miles down river in the late 50's and early 60's.  It's all small acreages now.
Coloma, CA is about 45 minutes east of Sacramento.
I live about 3 hours south, about 60 miles north east of Fresno.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

MarkT

Quote from: trond_solem on November 25, 2014, 08:49:34 AM
Quote from: MarkT on November 25, 2014, 04:17:52 AM

Usually like this.
We don't have much snow, and the storms blow out their frustration during september and october. Wintertime is usually quiet with temps just above or around freezing.

Wow, I guess the Gulf Stream IS a wonderful thing!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

BonitaBch

Not on the gulf stream, but in Bonita Beach, FL on the gulf coast.
Bonita Beach, FL

Wally15

I'm a native North Carolinian (go Tarheels  :)) but live in Leesburg, GA. Home of Buster Posey for some of you Giants fans out West. Also hometown of Luke Bryan and Phillip Phillips. Not bad for a small town of around 2K people. Must be something in the water. And I obviously didn't drink enough of it :'(
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Rothmar2

Quote from: alantani on November 24, 2014, 10:30:35 PM
getting cluttered so i cleared the map.  watch for the guy in the indian ocean  ;D

Depending where in the Indian Ocean, its probably me.........

Wally15

Quote from: Rothmar2 on December 05, 2014, 02:56:10 PM
Quote from: alantani on November 24, 2014, 10:30:35 PM
getting cluttered so i cleared the map.  watch for the guy in the indian ocean  ;D

Depending where in the Indian Ocean, its probably me.........
Diego Garcia? Probably one of the more strategic pieces of real estate on Earth.
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Rothmar2

No, but wouldn't mind fishing there. Will be moving around way off the Kimberly coast next year.