Surfmaster 200

Started by Shark Hunter, January 03, 2014, 06:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 08, 2014, 04:20:09 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Mine is going to be red Sal. Not a purple fan. Just sayin'
If all Alan had was purple, I guess I would be. ;)

The Tib frame for my Surfmaster 100 is black.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 08, 2014, 04:20:09 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Mine is going to be red Sal. Not a purple fan. Just sayin'
If all Alan had was purple, I guess I would be. ;)
Daron, I said purple was one of my favorite, I have a few more ;)
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7043.msg59770#msg59770
By the way P16 Tib frame will make it narrow and P15 will make it half way between the narrow and standard.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Very Nice Sal. There is a lot of cash in that chair! ;D
This is my first small reel. It was a gift. I'm not going into these like I have the bigger senators. Just want to trick this one out. The frame and ss sleeve are on the way from the boss. Washers from Bryan. Spool and some other goodies from Scott's.
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

I just want to know how in the heck you plan to catch a 10ft tiger on this thing?  ;D Should be a killer bait and drum reel when its magged
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

I'm going to fish for Bluefish with it Grayson. You know love Sharks love Bluefish. ;D
Its a bait reel. Maybe if I hook it in with Sal's 14/0, That Tiger won't stand a chance. ;)
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

How much line does it hold? Smack a 100lb shock and 18in of #12 single strand and youd be ready to rock from blues to rays to sharpnoses plus some in reserve
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

I'm probably going to spool it with straight 30lb mono.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Just an FYI. The 29L-200 aluminum spool from scott's is a plug and play. No mods needed.
Boy, these reels are tiny!, did a dry run to see what I was in for. No problem. ;)
Just waiting for washers from Bryan and the Tib frame from the boss.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Looking good Daron. From the looks of that stand and Knob, you have a very early Surfmaster, I'll guestimate early 40's.
If you decide to swap the right side ring in the future, the thumb screw won't line up with th new ring, but we could make it work ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Picked it up for 20 bucks! Leaving the other one stock, with just the aluminum spool and new drags.
Got me an insert on the way from Lee! ;D
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

I like the purple.  Purple & black.  Purple & white.  Purple & Silver.  It's all good!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

The Boss comes through again! ;) Bryan Too! ;)
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

You're welcome.  What are those other two things in the picture?  Did I send those to you by mistake?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

ok, so your clamp fits?  because hoyt's didn't.......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!