Daiwa Seiko Dynamic

Started by coralsea, January 19, 2014, 07:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coralsea

Allow me to present to you the Daiwa Dynamic reel series.
The series consists from the small and big game (or jig) reels.
My recent acquisition is used Daiwa Seiko Dynamic 4000D (5000, 6000 and 9000 models have bigger size). The weight is about 1,41KG (49,7 OZ)with the rod clamp.
Cosmetically looks good. Don't know about the full specs (gear ratio is 2.6:1 according to test), but will try to look for it. The reel is fully operational.
I will reassemble it when have time.

Daiwa's little brother ST60 model:

In comparison with the Penn 114H((compare the handle):

no pain-no gain

coralsea

no pain-no gain

Irish Jigger

That Dynimac is a solid looking LW reel.
Both the little Daiwa and the 114/H have their clutch levers fitted upside down.

coralsea

Only big sizes have clutch, little Daiwa doesn't have-)
no pain-no gain

Irish Jigger

coralsea

Righ side-look inside.
All is perfect, i suppose. The drag washers are thick-2mm.

no pain-no gain

coralsea

Quote from: Irish Jigger on January 19, 2014, 10:44:45 AM
Eccentric levers?
aaaa..it doesnt have clutch (or click) at all, but it has a clutch of the back movement like conventional reels have..
no pain-no gain

Irish Jigger

Bryan Young

The internals are just like their sealine series. I'm sure you could get some replacement parts of needed.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

coralsea

no pain-no gain

thorhammer

Nice. that looks very beefy. I like the dog spring arrangement.

John

Alto Mare

Very similar to the Ryobi Adventure, I had a couple. Nice reels but very limited on upgrades. Drags are a little undersized to me, but still enjoyed using them.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

SoCalAngler

Just a side note, it looks like the eccentric lever on the Penn is installed the wrong way. It looks like it needs to be flipped over.