Updated Stainless Sleeve With Double D's

Started by SoCalAngler, January 22, 2014, 07:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Mark, I don't remember seeing this, very nice job on that reel.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

m4ttt0

Quote from: SoCalAngler on January 22, 2014, 07:42:35 AM
I installed a stainless gear sleeve in my YTS, thanks Alan. I found the new pin would not fit all the way into the gear sleeve. I was able to push with pliers the stock stainless pin into the sleeve and if I have to ever remove it it may take a thin punch or nail to get it back out. But, I don't see having to do that for some time, if ever.

While I'm in the reel I'm going to see about adding a second dog. Here is a pic and as you can see it will fit with some mods to the sideplate and second dog.

I know this pic is a bit blurry, its getting late, but I will have to grind away a portion of the black area on the side plate. Not the whole area just the most inside part of it and part of the dog.

OK I was able to grind the side plate and install the second dog today.
In this pic you can see where I ground down the sideplate on the left.

Stock dog on the right and modified one on the left.

As you can see the second dog was installed with the flat copper type spring.

I found in my reel if I left the second dog the standard length I got simultaneous engagement of the dogs. I wanted alternating engagement to reduce handle play so off came the dog and around 1/8th of a inch was taken off its length.

Where did you get the second dog and the copper spring?

SoCalAngler

steelfish

dang... that was brave, I would'nt have had the courage to dremeling anything on the side plate
The Baja Guy

SoCalAngler

Wow the pic changing thing worked. I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again.

gstours

My apology to your post.  I did not see nor try to copy you on your earlier posts.  I was doing something similar,  and my first build seemed goo so now i,m doing another,   Thanks for sharing your info.    These are great reels for the money.   Tight lines and hold on! ;)