electramate 6/0 gear sleeve

Started by alantani, May 14, 2010, 03:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

Quote from: broadway on May 12, 2010, 07:40:05 AM
Hey Alan,

I was putting together a 114H tonight (this morning:)  and had no luck getting the original handle on the "electramate" stainless gear sleeve.  Any suggestions? Do you stock a handle for situations like this?  Always appreciate your input/help.  Thanks
Dom

Quote from: broadway on May 14, 2010, 12:38:49 AM
I think if I hit it with a rubber mallet it will fit.  What do ya think of that?  I spoke to Dave from electramate and he seems to think I have a made in china reel.  I explained to him it's a maroon sideplate 114H and the existing gear sleeve in the reel fits the handle, but his stainless one doesn't...Hmmm?  He told me to call him tomorrow when I try my other 114H handles with the gear sleeves.  I just tried them and they fit a tiny bit better but same issue.  In my opinion it has to be the gear sleeves cause all 3-114H handles don't fit any of the 5 gear sleeves I bought.   Think I gotta send them back, however he says they are precise and there's no way it could be a bad batch.  He was trying to hepl me I think, but was a bit stumped himself.  Any suggestions?  Thanks
Dom

naw, you're good.  what you have is a "pressed fit!"  use the handle nut to press the handle down on to the gear sleeve.  it's a precision fit and it's fine!!!!!  dom, hope you don't mind, but i'd like to post this......  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

suitekids

Derek and his crew at electramate make very nice high quality sleeves, top notch stuff

alantani

i finally had one of the machine shop guys make a 6/0 gear sleeve for me.  i still need to do the final check, but they look great!

suitekids

Well thats great!! when are they going to be ready for shipping??

alantani

well, now actually.  you just have to let me know if you have any problems.  i'd like to inspect all of them first, but i'd also like a week off to go fishing.  neither one is happening soon.   ;D

suitekids

very true my friend, will they work on the 9/0 too? either way I'm in for one at your earliest convenience

Alto Mare

Yes, the 6/0 sleeve will also work on the 9/0.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

suitekids

Thanks Sal, I did the double SS dogs on my 114h tonite, thanks for the tip ;D

Alto Mare

Very nice Dan, good to hear. See if you could post some pictures next time, we would all love to see them.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

suitekids

I will Sal, before final assembly, I'll do a spread of parts, upgrades, and thanks to the fine folks here that helped me.

Bruce

Alan     How much is that SS gear sleev for 9/0?
Buzz

Bryan Young

Hi Alan, can you save 6 for me?  Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

i have not done the final QA check on them.  i am charging $28 for now, but that will go up as soon as mysticparts.com get's they shipment.  these suckers are HUGE! ;D

Makule

Alan,

Will take 2.  Thank you.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

suitekids

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 08, 2012, 01:39:08 AM
Very nice Dan, good to hear. See if you could post some pictures next time, we would all love to see them.

ok, here is a pic of the mod, too bad they don't sync