Everol 20/0

Started by Shark Hunter, January 30, 2014, 01:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Good job my man. That motor found it's way home. The question is, what's next????? Hope you get to splash before next May. 

coastal_dan

Congrats Daron, that is beyond a Beast!  Terminator huh?  You need to get a 'Terminator' from the film airbrushed on the side plate...A little Arnold makes everything that much better!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

steelfish

I one of those for my Jeep.

double purpose, fishing reel and winch.
The Baja Guy

Maxed Out

Daron, you're an animal  :o :o, and your patience paid off big time. CONGRATS !!

It weighs 20# before you put line on  ??? ??? :o, holy cow, that's 8# heavier than the 16/0 jaws reel. For some reason it made me think of a book I read in school over 40 years ago....."Of mice and men". You are my hero buddy. Now fill it with line, get it on a big stick, then report back to us on final weight  :D :D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

Quote from: thorhammer on May 31, 2016, 06:47:31 PM
Good job my man. That motor found it's way home. The question is, what's next????? Hope you get to splash before next May.
John,
This one is going to hard to top.
I chased this Unicorn for 30 months.
Quote from: Maxed Out on June 01, 2016, 01:35:33 AM
Daron, you're an animal  :o :o, and your patience paid off big time. CONGRATS !!

It weighs 20# before you put line on  ??? ??? :o, holy cow, that's 8# heavier than the 16/0 jaws reel. For some reason it made me think of a book I read in school over 40 years ago....."Of mice and men". You are my hero buddy. Now fill it with line, get it on a big stick, then report back to us on final weight  :D :D

Ted
Thanks Ted. I need to get a rod butt for it first.
Quote from: coastal_dan on May 31, 2016, 08:44:48 PM
Congrats Daron, that is beyond a Beast!  Terminator huh?  You need to get a 'Terminator' from the film airbrushed on the side plate...A little Arnold makes everything that much better!
Dan,
I was thinking more like the Silver Robot Terminator. That is what this reel reminds me of.
Life is Good!

anglingarchitect

The skinless terminator is the real terminator.

mark

thorhammer

I bet the 20/0 pulls more drag than a T-1000.

Maxed Out

Quote from: thorhammer on June 03, 2016, 03:31:01 AM
I bet the 20/0 pulls more drag than a T-1000.

If you believe the scale on the side of the 20/0 Everol, it gets over 300# max drag  :o :o

Ted

thorhammer

Yeah, that would pull T-1000's teeth out. D, you ought to maybe get an Advil before you set up on 300lbs worth.

Shark Hunter

I will have to have a look see inside this Monster.
I want to see what groceries it takes to make 300lbs of drag.
The 110 mark at full spool is impressive enough for me.
It is the same width as the 18/0, but if you put it next to a Gallon of Paint. Its the same girth and height. ;)
The drag discs are as big as they come.
The neatest thing about this giant reel. All I have to do is send an email to Everol Italy and I can have parts just like ordering from Scott's.
I already have a Ergo Grip Silver Handle for the 20 and a complete bearing kit for the 18/0 on the way.
My Uncle Kenny always used that term. "Groceries"
He had a 56 Chevy that would pull wheelies because it had the Groceries. ;D
Life is Good!

erikpowell

I know what Groceries are braddah  ;)

Shark Hunter

Check out this Sick custom Handle!
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Sweet handle Daron..........the rest of the reel ain't half bad either. :o :o

Yep, that reel has "groceries" written all over it.  :D :D

Ted

Shark Hunter

My rod butt came as I was leaving for work. I'll get it mounted to a rod so you can see what it looks like.
Life is Good!

David Hall

WOW Daron that is the great grand daddy of all reels?
I have no idea how you fish stand up with even half drag? 
But that baby is a beauty I understand the desire to try it out.  May not get a lot of use but every time will be a heck of a story.