great videos!

Started by alantani, February 08, 2014, 10:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Thanks mr. oct1  for the reply.   After reviewing the program,  this program might be over my head?   The free trial will tell me if its something I can use tho.   I,m hoping there is something simpler for the entry level video,er.   Butt walking may lead to running?   Thanks and Happy Holidays to All!     

alantani

one for the archives!  i totally understand why a guy would do this!   :-\ ;D

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 29, 2017, 12:34:08 AM
I was watching one of Dave's video and this one came up next, The man never took the clutch assembly apart but he greased the crap out of that reel.
if you watch it at around 8 minutes into the video, the screw drive goes flying out of his hands from...you've guessed it too much grease.
;D ;D

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rivverrat

This was posted prior & many responses were negative. After some thought & given the nature of use these reels I think what he's doing makes perfect sense.

" if you catch a fish you cant handle on one of these weve learned over the years you dont want it in the boat to sart with "   That made me laugh... Jeff

Scattergun2570

Quote from: alantani on December 29, 2017, 03:15:49 AM
one for the archives!  i totally understand why a guy would do this!   :-\ ;D

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 29, 2017, 12:34:08 AM
I was watching one of Dave's video and this one came up next, The man never took the clutch assembly apart but he greased the crap out of that reel.
if you watch it at around 8 minutes into the video, the screw drive goes flying out of his hands from...you've guessed it too much grease.
;D ;D

But why on the exterior of the spool?

Rivverrat

Corrosion is why. Some people will spin the spool on a line winder while working & coating the spool with hard wax others apply grease & other stuff... Jeff

Scattergun2570

Quote from: Rivverrat on January 18, 2018, 12:44:21 AM
Corrosion is why. Some people will spin the spool on a line winder while working & coating the spool with hard wax others apply grease & other stuff... Jeff

I didn`t think that spool was subject to corrosion. Looks like a coating that wouldn`t corrode..not familiar with Penns stuff.

Rivverrat

Quote from: Scattergun2570 on January 18, 2018, 04:38:43 AM
Quote from: Rivverrat on January 18, 2018, 12:44:21 AM

I didn`t think that spool was subject to corrosion. Looks like a coating that wouldn`t corrode..not familiar with Penns stuff.

While anodizing does help on aluminum frame & spool the salt will still eventually bring corrossion. Always good to rinse spool off & never a bad idea  to rinse line & toss it or at least string it out to dry. But prepping a spool with wax or grease goes a lomg ways to keep corrossion away.

Ive only had to deal with it rarely being most of my fishing is fresh water.... Jeff

Big Tim

No Translation Needed :

Rivverrat

Great vid!  Funny stuff.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

oc1

Now that's some hard core fishin'.
-steve

Big Tim

HAVE YOU BLESSED YOUR GEAR FOR 2018?

Be careful, I tried this and caught the curtains of fire. Man my wife is mad  ;D

Tim

hannahburreh

Some people are just crazy... I have never blessed any of my gear, maybe that's the trick some people do during the winter ^^

gstours

On any Sunday.
  Heres a short bit of fun we had last year.  Not far from home.  Great eating fish.  Sit down and watch! ;) ;)

Gman_WC

Love your video's Gary.
If you don't have one on the hook and there's some floating butts on a rope!  ;D

-gary
Walnut Creek, CA